Where can I sell my Iridescent sharks?

Divinityinlove

Member
Where's a good place to advertise my sharks for sale? The person who bought them probably didn't realize how big they can grow, they moved country and left them with us and we've only just learned how important it is for them to have a bigger tank and proper habitat... maybe a pond. So they can breed or have full life span and be healthier.

Anyone can suggest a good place to find a proper owner to buy them?
 

david1978

Member
You could on here once you hit 50 posts you can use the the buy-sell-trade section. Another forum would be monsterfishkeepers. Sorry mike but its more their thing then ours. You can try facebook or if you have something like Craigslist.
 
  • Thread Starter

Divinityinlove

Member
david1978 said:
You could on here once you hit 50 posts you can use the the buy-sell-trade section. Another forum would be monsterfishkeepers. Sorry mike but its more their thing then ours. You can try facebook or if you have something like Craigslist.
Thanks.. I had found that site just 10 mins ago... and I saw that once I have 50 posts, I can sell on here just 5 mins ago! I appreciate your help...not sure if a non fish enthusiast site will attract a good enough owner.. I'd like to pass on to someone who is well knowledgeable... I'll try to catch upto 50 posts.
 

JettsPapa

Member
Considering how big they get, you might be lucky just getting someone to take them for nothing and take care of them. I don't want you to get your hopes up about getting money for them.

...and I could of course be wrong.
 
  • Thread Starter

Divinityinlove

Member
I wouldn't mind giving them away if someome has a good home.
 

Mcasella

Member
I'd honestly raise them in a pond for food, I know its easy to get attached to them, but they are a good food fish.
But it is going to be hard to find someone to take them that has a big enough area to house them long term.
 

Fishymom64

Member
Well here’s to help get you to 50. Good luck!
 

kallililly1973

Member
Do you possibly have an aquarium or zoo near you. They should have the capabilities of raising those properly. just another thought.
 

MacZ

Member
kallililly1973 said:
Do you possibly have an aquarium or zoo near you. They should have the capabilities of raising those properly. just another thought.
Isn't there a Sea Life in London? Otherwise London Zoo?
 
  • Thread Starter

Divinityinlove

Member
Mcasella said:
I'd honestly raise them in a pond for food, I know its easy to get attached to them, but they are a good food fish.
But it is going to be hard to find someone to take them that has a big enough area to house them long term.
They need warrmth and we don't have a pond... we're in an apartment. Ideally someone who doesn't want them for food takes themm..

MacZ said:
Isn't there a Sea Life in London? Otherwise London Zoo?
Yes I thought about them this morning. I'll try to call sea life and the zoo for advice thanks bud.
 

MacZ

Member
You're welcome!

I just looked something up. Sea Life has a tropical freshwater section, but seems exclusively south american. Not seen anything south east asian on their website or on videos. Still worth a try.
London Zoo Aquarium has closed down this year (on my birthday of all days) and relocated the freshwater fish to Wipsnade Zoo.
 

mattgirl

Member
Maybe you could check with some of the local fish stores around you. Maybe one of them will have a huge display tank. Many years ago that is what I did with my iridescent shark. I had no idea how big it was going to get when I got it. It soon got too big for my 55 gallon tank. I decided it was time to rehome him the day he got in a hurry and almost knocked himself out by running into the side of the tank. My LFS had a 300 gallon display tank. I just traded it in for store credit.
 
  • Thread Starter

Divinityinlove

Member
Amazu
mattgirl said:
Maybe you could check with some of the local fish stores around you. Maybe one of them will have a huge display tank. Many years ago that is what I did with my iridescent shark. I had no idea how big it was going to get when I got it. It soon got too big for my 55 gallon tank. I decided it was time to rehome him the day he got in a hurry and almost knocked himself out by running into the side of the tank. My LFS had a 300 gallon display tank. I just traded it in for store credit.
Amazing idea! Thank you. Gonna call around Monday!
 

mattgirl

Member
Divinityinlove said:
Amazu

Amazing idea! Thank you. Gonna call around Monday!
I really hope this works out for you. You might even get to visit from time to time if you can rehome them there.
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom