Where Can I Find A Reticulated Stingray?

Discussion in 'Oddball Fish' started by ArcXIV, Apr 12, 2017.

1. ArcXIV

ArcXIV Valued Member Member

Lately, I've become somewhat enamored with the idea of keeping a freshwater stingray. I'm still doing my homework, but it seems the reticulata or the scobina are of the smaller size and might be suitable for my 125.

Through all my reading, however, I haven't come across anyone breeding or selling them online. Does anybody know of a reputable freshwater stingray breeder that does online sales?

2. meyowmeow

meyowmeow Valued Member Member

I saw some here:  
    good luck and I'd love to see what you end up getting!

3. s

sodaman901 New Member Member

I wouldn't recommend a reticula as they are smaller but are harder to keep. I would recommend a Motoro though they get much bigger and require 400 gallons to themselves. They are much hardier and can take a bit of a spike in your parameters.

4. s

sodaman901 New Member Member

5. OP
    OP
    ArcXIV

ArcXIV Valued Member Member

So I took some advice and found a male motoro pup... It's been about 2 months and all is well so far. He made it through QT and is living happily (and peacefully) with his discus and angel tank mates. Now to find a gigantic project tank that will be a permanent home for him! b63fc5ff850e7bd055469dce3eaa6888.jpg 1673b78bca681fc13418c7e4d857cd45.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice