Where Can I Find A Koi Betta? & New Sunset Betta!

1. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

Hello! For the past 3 or so weeks I have visited 5 petcos, 2 petsmarts, and 5 local fish stores trying to find a koi betta. I actually have found a few at my petcos, but they always only have red/black males, and pale white/red females. The specific kind that I am interested in is a orange/white koi male betta fish, maybe with a little bit of red. Does anyone know where I can find ones like this online? The cheapest I have been able to find was $79 for one that I like, but I would prefer to not spend much over $55 for the betta, as that is kind of high already for one with kind of loose specifications. Any help would be appreciated!

My mom was also interested in a koi bettafish, but she gave in last night when we were at a petco and my mom to picked up a double tail that has beautiful sunset colors. When it was in the cup it seemed to have some issues with its swim bladder, as it was having an extremely hard time reaching the top of the cup. However that was not the case, as when we put him in the tank he started to act completely normal. Here's a picture :). Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 4.52.17 PM.png

2. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Wetspot had them on their availability list last time I looked. You could call them and see what they have available.
    Yep, they still do:
    Koi Male Betta "Show Grade" Betta splendens 1.5" TR $24.00

3. andychrissytank

andychrissytank Valued Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    DylanM

Fantastic! Do you have any idea on how to contact them? I'm having a hard time figuring that out. Also, I am trying to go through all the info on their website, but if you could let me know wether or not I can look at some examples of bettas they sell before actually buying one, that would be fantastic also. :D

5. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

6. OP
    OP
    DylanM

Thanks! I just watched that video, I will definitely be sending them a message on instagram to ask if I can special order one with orange coloring.

7. OP
    OP
    DylanM

8. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

You're welcome. :) I'll check aquabid for you too.

9. OP
    OP
    DylanM

10. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Here is the link:
    Fish
    There telephone for Online sales is on top of page. They are most likely closing soon for the day so would need to call tomorrow, They are very helpful, i have ordered from them several times. just ask if they could send you pictures of the fish they have available right now that you are interested in.

11. OP
    OP
    DylanM

Thanks for letting me know :D