Where Can I Buy A Moray Eel On Oahu?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Stocking' started by CHAMELEON_BREEZE, Feb 8, 2019.

1. CHAMELEON_BREEZE

CHAMELEON_BREEZEValued MemberMember

I'm thinking of starting an Aquarium Club at my school and I'm wondering how much Dragon Morays cost in Oahu. I've seen some for $2,000, others for $1,000. Heck, I've seen some for just $300 once!

Which store on the island sells them for the cheapest. I know I could go for the cheaper Snowflake, but I wan't to try out one of these "sneks of teh sea."

2. nikm128

nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

They're free if you can catch one;)

3. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Hate to say it man, but you are kind of all over the map here. You want a 75 gallon tank setup but don't want to pay more than $200 for it, which is a challenge in and of itself and now you want an Eel that costs well over $500. Set a realistic goal for yourself to save up and earn the money for the setup that you want, then you can start dreaming about what you want to put in there and start saving up for that.

4. OP
    OP
    CHAMELEON_BREEZE

5. Jesterrace

Porcupine puffers get a foot in length and need a Minimum of a 6 foot long tank. Stick with the toby puffers (ie Valentini). Dwarf Lion should work.

That's a really bad idea for him since he lives in Hawaii. If he is caught he pays a massive fine. You need a permit for any aquarium fishing in Hawaii and they aren't issuing any new ones.

6. nikm128

nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

I'm aware; was 100% joking

7. Jesterrace

I never know. Sometimes folks come up with the craziest things and are 100% serious. :D

8. OP
    OP
    CHAMELEON_BREEZE

How do they usually cost at Coral Fish HI?

I live in Oahu, HI. Still planning my school predator tank for my aquarium club and I originally planned on getting a dragon moray. However, the dragon morays are REALLY expensive, so I tried looking for an alternative. I soon found the Jeweled Moray, a more affordable "look alike". I just don't know where to find these guys on the island. Which stores hold these eels?

9. Hondacivic

HondacivicWell Known MemberMember

Just go in and ask them

10. Jesterrace

Agreed. Most LFS can order something even if they don't have it in stock.

11. midna

midnaWell Known MemberMember

unfortunately i don't think you're going to get an answer here... i reckon not too many members live on oahu. i would look up lfs in your area and give them a call to see if they have any in stock or would order one for you.