Where are my danios?

Discussion in 'Zebra Danio' started by Janmitch22, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

I once had a 55 gallon with a common pleco, four clown loaches, and five zebra danios. Last week I noticed that there was only one danio left, along with a danio carcass.  Now there are no danios and no bodies. Input? Anyone?

I figure they didn't beat each other up because the single danio has vanished now.  The loaches are the likely culprits, but why? How? They can't be hungry, unless they don't eat what I give them, which is flakes and carnivore pellets.

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

The loaches won't kill your danios but will eat them after they are dead. My guess is they died of natural causes and the Loaches and Pleco cleaned them up.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    J

Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

Wow, I only had those danios for a few months.  I'll test my water to see if my other fish are in danger. Thanks, Butterfly.

4. Gwenz

GwenzWell Known MemberMember

I have 6 Zebra Danios, and noticed the other day that one was missing. I found him swimming about inside my fillter! Don't know how he got in there!! :) Bit of a mystery!! ??? I fished him out (hehe ;D!), and he seems fine(except a split fin, but it's slowly healing :))

Gwenz :)

5. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Jan also check the floor. I found six of my new turquiose danios I got at the auction in the floor the other night. They swim back and forth in the 55G like maniacs didn't think they might flip out, now the lid stays closed.
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice