when will this white spot GO AWAY???

felixfefe

Reaction score
Grrrngh it's been a week and a half of treatment, ive lost my two ram cichlids to it and the cardinals still have white spot!!! Grrrngh > :'(

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are your temps still at 82F and still doing frequent water changes?
Carol

felixfefe

Reaction score
yep! consistent temp, water changes every two or three days.. Keeping an eye on the nitrates/nitrires as there is no filter in there, all looking alright. I am feeding them still an hour or two before i med them every night though...Could this being doing something to delay the process? thanks, Fe

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They really need some filtration.
Keep the temps up and the water changes going. sorry you've lost fish, hang in there.
Carol

felixfefe

Reaction score
Thanks! The problem is that is says on the leaflet for the meds that i should remove the filter material before i treat the tank. It also said that it would be gone in three days aswell, so it was wrong with that aswell..Dunno what to do really as i wanna keep up a constant medication until it goes away... ???

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The filter still needs to be going what they want you to remove is any carbon you may have in there. Carbon removes meds from the water. Keeping the temps at 82F or above will kill th Ich(white spot) cysts and doing water changes and vacuums removes live and dead cysts from your tank.
carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom