When Will They Breed?

MD_Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So 2-3 months ago I ordered the Aquaticarts Breeder Shrimp Sakura pack. So for the first week and a half I had around one die a day. They stopped dying a few weeks ago and I’m left with 5. None of the shrimp have saddles and when I received them I assumed they would start breeding but I haven’t noticed any activity. I’m not even sure if I had any males or females. The original package included 10 females and 5 males. Anyone able to guess when I should have activity? My gh and kh are normal, molting is normal, my tds is around 200-215, and my temperature is around 78. Any ideas?
IMG_7913.JPG
IMG_7912.JPG
IMG_7911.JPG
IMG_7910.JPG

There is another one I can’t find right now but I’m almost positive it is a male

Rainbows and Fishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Other than the first picture I think I'm seeing a lot of female shrimp, some more side-view photos of the little crustaceans could be helpful.

FishRFriendz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
MD_Plants said:
So for the first week and a half I had around one die a day.
Pretty common for imported adult shrimp. Juveniles handle the stress of acclimating to new tanks better, let alone the trip from China/Taiwan, then to you. Even the ones that survive acclimation won’t live as long as they should. Imports aren’t wholly bad, but you’re really racing to get babies quick before the adults die.

Now you just need to find someone local to sell you 1 male.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom