when will my molly give birth? Help

Discussion in 'Molly' started by cdawlabani91, Apr 11, 2010.

1. cdawlabani91New MemberMember

It was a bit hard to take a picture of the lady, but if you look you can see how big she is. I have had mollies before and dealt with the fry and everything, but this one is a different. She seems to be a bit more energetic than the rest of my pregnant fish I had.

Attached Files:

2. wildboy84New MemberMember

How long have you had her? I'm guessing she will have her babies in a couple of days.

3. cdawlabani91New MemberMember

For about a week. At first her reactions were like your average pregnant molly, then she started to act differently. Her size hasn't changed at all. I did switch her to a tank by herself, though so she feels more comfortable and she loves the extra space to herself. I am just getting impatient you could say and just wanna see what other people think when she will have them. Or if there is anything I can do to possibly make her feel more comfortable or help her give birth faster

4. wildboy84New MemberMember

Sorry, I was a little late at responding. My molly started acting funny too. She would find a spot either near the heater or filter and just stay there. But when I came home one day she had her babies but they were all eaten before I could even see them:( I hope you have (or had) healthy fry!

5. BennyBValued MemberMember

Happened to me oh so many times...you gotta' be ready, cautious, go with your gut instinct. When you feel it is almost time, it probably is.
    I'm sure that doesn't help much, but let me just say that my mollies are WAY bigger than that and they have yet to give birth. :eek:

6. wildboy84New MemberMember

yeah,mine gave birth when it was bigger too, but if there's is just out of the pet store it is probably young and wont have very many fry.