When will my female platy give birth?

Nishadhi

I have this platy that I raised from a baby and now it’s an adult but it’s growth is a little stunted. Anyway so my fish got pregnant and I’ve notice that it was pregnant for at least more than 3 weeks. So I’m wondering when it will give birth. Its stomach has gotten increasingly bigger and it’s had a white little birthing tube on it for the past two weeks. Sometimes I doubt if it’s really pregnant but it has a gravid spot and it’s been pooping so much So please let me know when you think it’s gonna give birth.
You must be registered to see images

colecolecole

They're only supposed to stay pregnant for around a month but don't expect it to give them all at once. It can happen but not always. Sometimes she has a few at a time over a few days and she might still look pregnant. Something to note about these guys: they are terrible parents and they and any other platy will gobble those fry up. So if she's having a few and you don't catch it right away, the other fish might eat them and you'll never know.
But I have a suggestion... that looks like hornwort if I'm not mistaken. If you let that float at the top you might see little fry start to congregate there. I catch mine that way and keep them in a nursery.

Upvote 0

Nishadhi

Thank you, I was planning on putting the older fish in a different tank when the babies are born but I think she is past due to have her babies so I wonder if she will even have them

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kasshan
Replies
Views
BettaDollar
Replies
Views
Nishadhi
Replies