When will Moss Balls be available again?

Gscribble
I tried googling, but can’t find any info. Does anyone know when moss balls might become available again? I understand that they were taken off the market for invasive mussels. I really like them and was hoping to get some large ones eventually. Do you think they’ll be available this summer? The one I have is tiny (bought before the mussel outbreak)

Ghelfaire
You should ask around other hobbyists to see if they have any extras that were bought before the outbreak.
Alternatively you can try to buy some online that come frozen. They thaw out nicely, and only need to be rinsed a few times before adding to the tank.

Gscribble
Ghelfaire said:
You should ask around other hobbyists to see if they have any extras that were bought before the outbreak.
Alternatively you can try to buy some online that come frozen. They thaw out nicely, and only need to be rinsed a few times before adding to the tank.
Wow, I had no idea they could be frozen! I live in a semi rural area, with 3 fish stores within a 50+ mile radius (and two of them are chains). The only other person I know personally who has fish has a saltwater tank.

philly27
Ghelfaire
If you absolutely can't find any you can try those plastic things that you can grow regular moss in like this

Latest threads

Top Bottom