When will Congo Tetra gain color?

roXen

I bought congo tetras and would like to get a better sense of when they will get more colorful. Here's a video of them.

How many weeks or months should I expect at their current size before they gain their beautiful color?

A201

Congos are awsome Tetras, but aren't
all that colorful, relatively speaking. Gold with a little shimmer is about it.
The beauty comes from the male's XL flowing fins in combination with the gold scales.

roXen

A201 said:
Congos are awsome Tetras, but aren't
all that colorful, relatively speaking. Gold with a little shimmer is about it.
The beauty comes from the male's XL flowing fins in combination with the gold scales.
Aww. I was hoping they'd get more colorful. I was seeing youtube videos of these fish with a lot more color. Like this one:

A201

Those are males, obviously top quality,
well fed & well cared for. Probably a good lighting system too.
Your Congos look very healthy. Just give it some time.
I kept Congos many years ago. One of my favorites.

roXen

A201 said:
Those are males, obviously top quality,
well fed & well cared for. Probably a good lighting system too.
Your Congos look very healthy. Just give it some time.
I kept Congos many years ago. One of my favorites.
Thanks! I also love them. Their behavior is interesting, especially the non harmful sparring between the males. I'll keep taking care of them and hope for the best!

A201

My oldest daughter attended John Brown University. A huge 300 gal. tank was in the lobby wall of the science building. The only schooling fish in the tank was a massive grouping of Congos. Totally awsome.

roXen

Wow that sounds amazing. I dont think Ive seen a huge school of congos anywhere on youtube. Would love to see a large tank full of them.

Latest threads

Top Bottom