When/what Temperatures Do Water Lillies Typically Start To Grow Back?

Ctrx

Just overwintered my first lily plant and I’m wondering when will leaves start to grow back. Temperatures in my area have been around 60-75F degrees (Though it goes 45-55F some nights) for 2-3 weeks now. No new leaves yet. Could it be because of algae or is it just too soon? Just worried that I didn’t properly overwinter it.

Zigi Zig

Hello
Is hard to tell when first leave will come up in first year planting, some of my lillies didn't grow till second year.. Is also depend what type lily you have

ChaosCorrupter

It depends on the lily but my lily has started to grow leaves again and I've had basically the same temps as you. It's also the 3rd year I've had it but just wait a bit and see what happens/

Ctrx

ZigI Zig said:
Hello
Is hard to tell when first leave will come up in first year planting, some of my lillies didn't grow till second year.. Is also depend what type lily you have
Thanks. I think it is called nymphaea leopardess.

Ctrx

ChaosCorrupter said:
It depends on the lily but my lily has started to grow leaves again and I've had basically the same temps as you. It's also the 3rd year I've had it but just wait a bit and see what happens/
Okay. Thanks!

Zigi Zig

Ctrx said:
Thanks. I think it is called nymphaea leopardess.
I would recommend a 2 gallon solid planting container with very reach soil with full of nutrition at maximum water depth 12" To 30" Also make sure your pond gets full sun or all you gonna see is only green leaves no bloom. If you leave in USA zone 10-11 as those are consider tropical Lily plants.
I don't place mine too deep the reason is easy to maintain I can take them out any time and trI'm rooted leaves as they grow every year more and more they will over take my pond. all tropical lily I have to remove during winter and place them in green house as I leave in zone 7B

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom