When To Move Cory Fry?

Fellowmellow

Wow this is the only place I know where to ask but I did all Coradee’s methods to hatching cory eggs it's worked! Now am facing a new problem there's like 8 hatched out of eggs and there's more eggs I didmt use any treatment for the fungus I just removed as needed. So my question is now that I have them hatched do I wait 3-4 days before removing them from there tub that floating in the parents tank? Am shocked this actually worked I didnt even give the eggs an air stone.... I don't really have another home for these baby Cory's.... like I have a 5 gallon with 4 gold mountain minnows 2 10gallons one with the cory parents plus guppys(3) another 10 gallon with only guppys(4) and a 2 gallon with two healthy looking guppy fry

Carolyn Johnson

If the eggs look fuzzy, use a Turkey baster to get them out, they're no good. If I were u id put the in with the guppy fry. I don't think they'll bother them just keep an eye on them . I always used a Turkey baster to collect the fry it's soon much ezr. Good luck. I always seem to find more than I counted too.

Fellowmellow

If the eggs look fuzzy, use a Turkey baster to get them out, they're no good. If I were u id put the in with the guppy fry. I don't think they'll bother them just keep an eye on them . I always used a Turkey baster to collect the fry it's soon much ezr. Good luck. I always seem to find more than I counted too.
Am sorry did you reply to me? If so do you recommend the two fry in my 2 gallon??

Carolyn Johnson

Am sorry did you reply to me? If so do you recommend the two fry in my 2 gallon??
Yes

Fellowmellow

Ok thanks does it matter that the gravel is big? I mean its pea gravel you get at lowes. I do have nice fine gravel in my 5.5 but there's some mountain minnows in it. I might have to find a temporary house for these minnows if I want to raise the Cory's to big enough size unless you say the 2 gallon with big gravel should be fine

Carolyn Johnson

Ok thanks does it matter that the gravel is big? I mean its pea gravel you get at lowes. I do have nice fine gravel in my 5.5 but there's some mountain minnows in it. I might have to find a temporary house for these minnows if I want to raise the Cory's to big enough size unless you say the 2 gallon with big gravel should be fine
I never had gravel or sand in my fry tank, just a bare bottom. I did put a large tube in the tank , it was an air tube to a bottom filter, I cut it into and the loved it and I could see them. Cory fry love to play. They love air bubbles from air stones. Feed them first bites and microworms. And they'll be happy. Good luck!

Fellowmellow

I never had gravel or sand in my fry tank, just a bare bottom. I did put a large tube in the tank , it was an air tube to a bottom filter, I cut it into and the loved it and I could see them. Cory fry love to play. They love air bubbles from air stones. Feed them first bites and microworms. And they'll be happy. Good luck!
Thanks I am going to end up using my 5 gallon with plants and snails in it it's been long enough for their yoke sacs I believe and I gave them a very small piece of cured khale and many of them are attached to it so am taking that as a sign they need to be moved into a bigger environment.

Carolyn Johnson

Good luck

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NanaT
  • Question
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
Replies
Views