When to be concerned about platy shyness?

How long did your platys take to adjust to their new home?

• no time at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • about a week

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • a few weeks

• more than a month

• Total voters

SharkBaitOohHannah

Hey everybody!

How long do most platys take to get less timid, and what are signs that I should be concerned?

More details if it helps:

I am thrilled to say that, last Saturday, I got my first fish! I have a 29 gallon which I fishless cycled. I am still a little nervous that it may not have a strong cycle established as there was a substantial amount of algae growth during the fishless cycling, now mostly eaten or knocked off during water changes. Anyway, I've had them about 10 days now, and they are still seeming pretty timid. For reference, there is one female sunburst platy and a male and female gold twinbar. The sunburst comes out sometimes, and seems to be getting more comfortable with me. The twinbars are much more timid, hiding most of the time in the back of the tank, not necessarily together. When they first came home, they hid in the cave a lot, but now they seem to favor going behind the cave and plants. They often stare at the back wall and sometimes hunt in the back for food. All of them come out to eat, which is progress, and are thankfully eating well. The tank has plants pretty much lining the back of the tank and stretching a little into the front, which are artificial for now, and a large cave as well as a smaller submarine cave/bubbler.

Thanks everyone!

BlackSkirtTetra

Platies took a week to get a adjusted to my tank. But that was with numbers similar to yours. If you add more Platies they are likely to get more confident.

forg000

I think it's always good

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Fishfriendkeeper
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Fishfriendkeeper
  • baby0nyx
  • Platy
Replies
Views