When to add centerpiece fish?

philly27

hello, so i have 2 electric blue acaras in a 29 gallon tank which one of them is about 3-3.5 inches and the other 2.5-3 inches. I'm dying to put them into my 55 gallon tank that's occupied with 15 bleeding heart tetras (1.5-2 inches). Im still debating on what other potential fish to get maybe some hatchet fish or corys. But should I wait until I fully stock the tank and put the EBAs in last? or can they go in now? thank you

RayClem

Corys will occupy the bottom of your tank, so they should be fine with the Blue Acaras. Hatchet fish may be a problem. They tend to swim near the surface. They are jumpers. If you get them, I suspect the Acaras will make them nervous and they will try to jump out of the tank. Even if you have a full cover, they might injure themselves hitting the top. I do not normally cover my tanks, so every hatchet fish I ever owned has jumped out.

philly27

Corys will occupy the bottom of your tank, so they should be fine with the Blue Acaras. Hatchet fish may be a problem. They tend to swim near the surface. They are jumpers. If you get them, I suspect the Acaras will make them nervous and they will try to jump out of the tank. Even if you have a full cover, they might injure themselves hitting the top. I do not normally cover my tanks, so every hatchet fish I ever owned has jumped out.
interesting. then i should probably look more into swordtails.

philly27

does anybody suggest i should wait? or should i be okay?

GlennO

Should be ok, they shouldn't bother the Bleeding Hearts.

philly27

Should be ok, they shouldn't bother the Bleeding Hearts.
appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
philly27
  • Question
Replies
Views
philly27
  • Question
Replies
Views