When Should I Place My Guppy In A Breeding Tank? Question

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Henri223, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Henri223New MemberMember

Hello

About a month ago I bought some guppies and it appears that one of the females is pregnant.
    Since this is my first time having guppies I don't know when to exactly put her in a breeding box.
    And yes, I have heard that it could stress out the fish but leaving the fry in the tank isn't really an option because I have bettas and catfish. They get along well but I think they will still eat the fry.
    I have quite a few plants in the aquarium but I don't still think the fry would survive.

She isn't much of a model so it was hard to get good pictures but hopefully you can still tell me.

So could someone please tell me when should I place this female in a breeder box?

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Mary765Well Known MemberMember

She only looks about a week pregnant, so you have a while to go.

I really don't agree with breeder boxes :( there are many better ways to keep your mother and fry safe then just a breeder box..

If you absolutely positively want to use one, then put her in there in about 3 weeks time when she starts showing signs of giving birth like hiding, change in appetite, square (____/ shaped, gravid spot rapidly changing colour, anal fin twitching, spine curving upwards briefly etc

3. Henri223New MemberMember

Thank you for the quick answer!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice