When Should I Place My Guppy In A Breeding Tank?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Henri223, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Henri223New MemberMember

Hello

About a month ago I bought some guppies and it appears that one of the females is pregnant.
    Since this is my first time having guppies I don't know when to exactly put her in a breeding box.
    And yes, I have heard that it could stress out the fish but leaving the fry in the tank isn't really an option because I have bettas and catfish. They get along well but I think they will still eat the fry.
    I have quite a few plants in the aquarium but I don't still think the fry would survive.

She isn't much of a model so it was hard to get good pictures but hopefully you can still tell me.

So could someone please tell me when should I place this female in a breeder box?

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Mary765Fishlore VIPMember

She only looks about a week pregnant, so you have a while to go.

I really don't agree with breeder boxes :( there are many better ways to keep your mother and fry safe then just a breeder box..

If you absolutely positively want to use one, then put her in there in about 3 weeks time when she starts showing signs of giving birth like hiding, change in appetite, square (____/ shaped, gravid spot rapidly changing colour, analfin twitching, spine curving upwards briefly etc

3. Henri223New MemberMember

Thank you for the quick answer!