When is the time?

Discussion in 'Molly' started by benjaminBreaker, Apr 4, 2010.

1. benjaminBreaker

benjaminBreaker Valued Member Member

I have three mollies in my 20 gallon community tank right now, and all three of them are, without a doubt, pregnant. I have a nice little 2.5 gallon tank set up for the babies. Everything is ready, but do to the nature of the situation, given the size of the tank, and the amount of pregnant fish, there are a few problems. I want to save as many fish as possible, so I'm only wanting to put one molly in there at a time so they won't eat each others' fry as they come out.

Here is my 2.5, heated and kept at 78 by an under-gravel(or in this case, sand) heater. 10 gallon filter, because the little 3 gallon filter I had going wouldn't work and this is all I have...
    It makes a really strong current, but I raised the water level up high enough to keep the current from being overwhelming.(not in these pictures, but I just added more water...like, just a second ago.) I have three Ghost Shrimp, also expecting, in there now. The shrimp shouldn't hurt the fry, should they?
    And yes, I do have a Money Plant growing in there.
    DSC01212.JPG

DSC01213.JPG

Here are some pics of my Mollies. This gal is Venus, one of my new Dalmatian Mollies.

DSC01220.JPG

DSC01217.JPG

DSC01222.JPG

Now this one is Pluto, also one of my new Dalmatian mollies.

158.jpg

And finally, this little girl is Stella, one of my new Black Mollies.(I got a lot of new fish... :))

159.jpg

161.jpg

164.jpg
    (The fish in the background is Molly, one of my older mollies. :D)

Okay, so basically all I want to know is how far along they are. And if the shrimp would hurt the molly fry, or if there are any other problems, and what order I should try to put them in the breeder in.

Thank you! :D

2. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Hi Benjamin.

I don't know much about pregnant mollies but just get ready for soon deliveries :) I'm sure you'll get more responses soon from the molly experts. Hope everything goes well. I like Pluto's color, very nice. Best of luck! :;hf

3. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

Thanks, she is developing sort of an orangeish tint. I don't know why, but she does stick out from the others. Huh, maybe I should change her name to Jupiter. When I first got her she was small and bluish, now she is giant and orangeish. :D

4. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

C'mon. I need help.

5. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

Well I think :p They wil ldrop in this order, Pluto, Stella then Venus.
    I have kept very young Brevis fry, which are smaller and weaker than molly fry, with cherry shrimp and they were fine together :)

6. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

Okay, thanks! But how long do you think until they give birth?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice