When is my preganant balloon molly going to give birth?!

Livebearerbreed

So my super preggo balloon molly has had a square belly for like 2 days ish now and wondering when she is going to give birth, she is showing signs of what may be early labour. The picture was taken about 3 days ago, she does not live in the hatchery, i moved her there for the picture as she doesnt like to stay still until labour. She lives in a 40gallon comunity tank. She has started to not want to eat, is that good or bad?
20210217_194242.jpg

Freshfishguy

That’s most likely a sign she’s very close to giving birth! They become reclusive when they are nearing birth time.

Livebearerbreed

Freshfishguy said:
That’s most likely a sign she’s very close to giving birth! They become reclusive when they are nearing birth time.
Thank you so much! Last time she was near dropping her fry she had bulgy gills for about three days, and today is the third day of them. I have placed her into a 5 gallon tank with some oto cats that I was hoping to fill soon becauee she has been hiding in the guppy grass, and by the filter. I will let you all know when she delivers, and hopefully with some baby pictures too!

Freshfishguy

Livebearerbreed said:
Thank you so much! Last time she was near dropping her fry she had bulgy gills for about three days, and today is the third day of them. I have placed her into a 5 gallon tank with some oto cats that I was hoping to fill soon becauee she has been hiding in the guppy grass, and by the filter. I will let you all know when she delivers, and hopefully with some baby pictures too!
Awesome, looking forward to it !! Just so you know though, the minimum recommended tank size for Otos is 10g.

Livebearerbreed

Freshfishguy said:
Awesome, looking forward to it !! Just so you know though, the minimum recommended tank size for Otos is 10g.
Thanks! I will go and move the oto cats to the 15gal baby tank!

Livebearerbreed

I meant to give this update a while ago, but she passed without giving birth a week ago on the plus side, i have a few babies from her last batch as well as a possible pregnant one aswell, I will share photos to see if y'all think she's expecting

Latest threads

Top Bottom