When is my molly having her babies?

Hugooo
So I have had a black molly in my 10-gallon aquarium ever since I got her, which was last August. She lives with 3 guppies, 2 platies, and 1 tiger barb. She had 1 baby at the end of last August (I think, maybe the other ones got eaten). I put it in its own aquarium and stuff but it died. That's not the point, though. She had another set of babies (17, I think) on December 20th. She ate 5 of them, but the other 12 are living in their little breeding tank thingies. Even after she had her babies, she still looked pregnant and ever since that, her stomach has been getting unbearably large and she has been craving more food. Also, she has these white little blobs on her stomach. Not ich though, don't worry. Last night I put her in the breeding tank (I emptied the fish into another bowl) and put in the divider, thinking that she might give birth. I checked on her this morning, but she hasn't given birth. Her stomach is still very large. She is still in there. Does anyone know about when she will have babies again, or even IF she will? I don't want to keep her in there for too long, as it's a very small space for her and she is pretty stressed. Can anyone help me? Any input would definitely be appreciated. What should I do? Thank you in advance and have a great day.

Advertisement
Coradee
Hi, a picture if you can get one would help us see what you’re describing

Sprinkle
As Coradee said, a picture will be needed to say when she will give birth.

Normally the gestation period is 24-30 days or longer.
The gestation period can vary, due to bad water parameters or stress factors. Longer pregnancy (mother refusing to give birth) can end up in dead or deformed fry, that is how I ended up.
Never put the mother in a breeder box as this will stress the mother out and will make her abort her fry.

CoryBoi
As Coradee said, a picture will be needed to say when she will give birth.

Normally the gestation period is 24-30 days or longer.
The gestation period can vary, due to bad water parameters or stress factors. Longer pregnancy (mother refusing to give birth) can end up in dead or deformed fry, that is how I ended up.
Never put the mother in a breeder box as this will stress the mother out and will make her abort her fry.

I agree, and just an FYI: after the fry are about 1/4 of an inch the adults can’t eat them, normally around a week or two.

Sprinkle
I agree, and just an FYI: after the fry are about 1/4 of an inch the adults can’t eat them, normally around a week or two.
Yep, I put my swordtail fry in the main tank when they are just 1-2 month/s old, my other fish aren't interested in them but works for just a typical type and personality of the fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SavTheArtist
Replies
Views
Nishadhi
  • Question
Replies
Views
FishyFanatic86
Replies