When is my Balloon Molly going to give birth again?

Discussion in 'Molly' started by Anon, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Anon

Anon Valued Member Member

Usually after they give birth they hide to recover a little without dealing with the others. Just keep an eye on her because usually its just a day or so. I forgot how many days between births for mollies but she will probably give birth again. I think every 2 weeks? Maybe every month? Hopefully someone else comments with the answer.
    Good Luck!

2. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Mollies, platies, guppies, swordtails, and endlers all give birth approximately every 30 days until they either run out of sperm, or die. Hope you're prepared for hundreds of babies.

3. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Its been a long time since a post made me laugh so much, Thank you i really needed it.

4. D

Dunnill0816 New Member Member

Why's that so funny may I ask? Haha

5. junebug

It's funny because it's true :p lol.

6. D

7. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Its funny because the only time they run out of sperm is when they die.

8. D

No they don't, haha now that's the funniest thing I've heard in a while

9. junebug

o_O Okay... this is getting convoluted. Sorry, my humor was only meant to be humorous and informative at the same time.... For the sake of the OP getting a clear answer:

Female livebearers give birth approximately every 30 days in most cases. In the event that the water conditions are too poor or there is a disease or stressor in the tank, you may see a female become hugely pregnant, then randomly not pregnant anymore as they are capable of reabsorbing their young.

A female in a tank with no males can store sperm for up to a year to fertilize her eggs. If there is a male in the tank, or you don't remove male offspring soon enough, you will continue to see pregnancies for up to a year after the male is removed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice