When is enough?

fengshui

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've been dying to get the approval of my parents to upgrade the tank but they won't budge so I need to think of something soon later on!

Geoff

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could always try to rehome them and stock your 29g tank with appropriate fish.

AquaticBrandon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I believe Parrot fish get around 10 inches. That's big, so they will need a large tank if you wish to keep them.

BDpups

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You have a pic of this? How did you fit the HOB's on the tank? Is one on the front or the side? And with those koralias I can't imagine how much movement is going on in the tank.

Where could you even put another filter?

fengshui

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The two HOBs fit right next to each other on the back. The Eheim is under the tank. Koralias are in the tank.

Geoff

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Imo no matter how many filters you put on there, it's not going to make a 29g tank any bigger for 6 soon-to-be 10" fish.

peacelizard

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fengshui said:
I currently have a 29 gallon stocked with 6 lovely juvenile high quality blood parrots and equipped with two Hydor Koralia 425s, an Aquaclear 110, an Eheim 250 and a Marineland Penguin Biowheel 250! Both the Aquaclear and Eheim use Seachem Matrix while the Eheim also uses Purigen! Should I add more filtration? Thanks.
Yes. As others have said, honestly, the amount of filtration you have is irrelevant because they are going to grow way too big for a 29g. Heck, even one wouldnt be appropriate.

BDpups

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There isn't any need to add more filters. You have more than enough. Now you need a tank that is big enough for the fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom