When I grow up I want to.... FISHY STYLE!

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
HI guys!

I've been wondering what to do with my life lately.. and I think I've finally decided.

I know technically at 22 I'm grown up but.... my fishy future dream is.....

I want to own/run a pet store! That's specialty is FISH!!!! One that will actually have THE CORRECT INFO ON FISH!! And be able to tell you the gender! And their compatibility with other fish! Where I can own multiple tanks, fob them off on my tax and breed fish and sell them (legally! it's illegal here). I'd have little care fact sheets that you'd get with every fish purchase :3
And and!! :;br MY BETTAS WOULD BE IN DECENT SIZE TANKS!!!!!!!!! :;a2

Also I'd like to design a fishy database, similar to one on PlanetCatfish and have all the fish info I can get my hands on. I love their search function for fish size and water parameters. So handy! Which you could also compile "wish lists" and things like that, so you can compare the stats of the fish that you like.

Now if someone would like to donate 1million dollars to me, I can get the pet shop started within a year

Any takers?

So yeah

What are your future fish dreams?
Be it a tank, or specialty breeding, or changing the Australian LFS business like me (we can go into business together! )
Hehe

Lil'

andimthejr

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
id like to live in a tank wait id like to live in a tank that's also a pet store that specilizes in fish and keeps bettas in decent sized tanks!

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's an interesting dream Maybe I'll drop by Aus when you're done

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Teehee. I think of it as the ultimate solution to MTS. 40 tanks?! TAX DEDUCTABLE?!?!?! Oh baby baby I'm in heaven ;D

And with setting up my tanks, I've found it so annoying to not be able to get access to info on chemicals, food etc, or even get ornaments, substrate. Would you believe I had to go to 3 different pet stores to find smooth gravel? And 4 pet stores to find an internal thermometer? None have digital!! WTB a good store, know what they're on about, and if they don't have it, can order it in. I have yet to find a pet store in Darwin with SAND!! And only 1 stocks containers of activated carbon. You have to buy full filter cartridges from the others.

Arg..... Maybe I'll start it as a home business when I buy my house next year!

Edit:
Oh I'm actually gonna start working on the database in about a month when I get my laptop. Once I get it online and if people use it, I can always add paypal donations Pay me for my time wasted making this lovely database, so I can make a pet store! Yayyyy

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lilwystynyra said:
Would you believe I had to go to 3 different pet stores to find smooth gravel?
I had to go to more than 7 LFS just to get all kinds of different stuff. Sometimes I just wish one LFS could have everything I need instead of wasting gas on travel... lol

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Exacctlllyyy. Zat is my plan! Actually when I get back to WA, if I score a decent job I was thinking about starting some selective breeding with species that are easy enough, but uncommon in WA. Like Cory cats and whiptail catfish. I swear I have never seen any at a pet store in Perth. I'm sure some have them, but it would have to be a good market considering the lack. And cardinal tetras. None.

hooxeii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I would -love- to be the owner of my own veterinary practice, possibly a mixed practice, but my ultimate dream is to specialize in exotic animal medicine. I will treat fish, of course

mcurtissdsu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Lilwystynyra said:
HI guys!

I've been wondering what to do with my life lately.. and I think I've finally decided.

I know technically at 22 I'm grown up but.... my fishy future dream is.....

I want to own/run a pet store! That's specialty is FISH!!!! One that will actually have THE CORRECT INFO ON FISH!! And be able to tell you the gender! And their compatibility with other fish! Where I can own multiple tanks, fob them off on my tax and breed fish and sell them (legally! it's illegal here). I'd have little care fact sheets that you'd get with every fish purchase :3
And and!! :;br MY BETTAS WOULD BE IN DECENT SIZE TANKS!!!!!!!!! :;a2

Also I'd like to design a fishy database, similar to one on PlanetCatfish and have all the fish info I can get my hands on. I love their search function for fish size and water parameters. So handy! Which you could also compile "wish lists" and things like that, so you can compare the stats of the fish that you like.

Now if someone would like to donate 1million dollars to me, I can get the pet shop started within a year

Any takers?

So yeah

What are your future fish dreams?
Be it a tank, or specialty breeding, or changing the Australian LFS business like me (we can go into business together! )
Hehe

Lil'
That's awesome!! Sounds like you already know a lot about how you would run your store. You should seriously look into it! Maybe find out if you have friends or family who would be willing to make an investment to help you get it up and running. That also sounds like something you could start out small from your home and eventually move it to a retail space. You're obviously still very young and have time to work out the details but I would definitely shop at a store like the one you want to open and I'm sure a lot of other people would too

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads