When can I release my guppy fry in the main tank?

Nts
Hi, everyone! Does anybody know when can I release my guppy fry in the main tank? They are 3 weeks old and I keep them in my main tank in a net cage. In my main tank there are guppies and a minnow same size as guppies. The rule of keeping them separate until they won't fit in the bigger fish mouth, doesn't help much, and I don't won't to keep them contained in such a small place if it's not necessary any more...

Advertisement
mimo91088
Idk about minnows. But in my experience, my adult guppies never bother chasing fry. I don't use breeder nets or anything with mine.

Nts
Mine did! I saved 3 out of 20. I wasn't prepared for their birth, cause the mom was already pregnant when I got her, and she gave birth a week after I got her. But now I feel they're bigger and it's better for them to live in a bigger place, than my diy net cage!

Flyfisha
In the past I have released two fry and given them 48 hours. If the adults did not eat them as the rested for two nights I release the rest. I don’t know about minnows ether. But for sure the fry can’t say in a net forever and will definitely grow faster with more room.

Kitley
My guppy fry have just started their ninth week, and are in a 15 gallon tank by themselves. I also am wondering if the largest ones could be moved. But my 75 gallon has some mid sized fish. I have recently added cardinal tetras and worry enough about them. I think I will leave my fry where they are and add another female guppy who is about to have fry any day. I dont really need the fry tank, but it is my QT. Good luck to you with yours.

Nts
In the past I have released two fry and given them 48 hours. If the adults did not eat them as the rested for two nights I release the rest. I don’t know about minnows ether. But for sure the fry can’t say in a net forever and will definitely grow faster with more room.
Thank you!

Nts
My guppy fry have just started their ninth week, and are in a 15 gallon tank by themselves. I also am wondering if the largest ones could be moved. But my 75 gallon has some mid sized fish. I have recently added cardinal tetras and worry enough about them. I think I will leave my fry where they are and add another female guppy who is about to have fry any day. I dont really need the fry tank, but it is my QT. Good luck to you with yours.
Τhank you! I don't have a QT yet, but I'm thinking of getting a bigger tank and use my 8 gallon for the fry and as a QT. Good luck with your fry too!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FathomtheFish
Replies
Views
Wydowmayker
Replies
Views
Donovan Jones
Replies
Views