When Can I Introduce My Baby Cory To The Tank?

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by Fruity, May 24, 2019.

1. Fruity Valued Member Member

Hello, cory friends!

Despite my best efforts, only one of my cory fry survived but he is doing great! Currently, he's floating in a small plastic container in my main tank with an air stone. He gets a 50% water change with tank water and fed once a day. He's eating and growing well. He'll be 4 weeks old tomorrow and he's about 1/2" long.

When is it safe to introduce him into the main tank? It's a 29 gallon with neon tetras, bronze and albino cory cats, tons of red cherry shrimp, a few pond snails, and quite a few Malaysian trumpet snails. Moderately planted, black diamond blasting sand substrate, large sponge filter, canister filter with sponge pre filter, 78°.

I feel sorry that he's all alone and think he's past the danger of being eaten by anything? Is it safe to release him or should I keep him in his little "nursery" for a while longer?

TIA for any and all input!

2. david1978 Fishlore Legend Member

I see no reason not to let him in the tank.

3. Brizburk Well Known Member Member

I say let her/him go. I have a 36 gallon with sterbai cory, shrimp and shrimplets as well as a betta. My Sterbai spawn all the time, while most havnt survived, three have. I just make sure to feed properly daily. They do their own thing, i wasnt trying for babies.