When Can I Introduce My Baby Cory To The Tank?

Fruity

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello, cory friends!

Despite my best efforts, only one of my cory fry survived but he is doing great! Currently, he's floating in a small plastic container in my main tank with an air stone. He gets a 50% water change with tank water and fed once a day. He's eating and growing well. He'll be 4 weeks old tomorrow and he's about 1/2" long.

When is it safe to introduce him into the main tank? It's a 29 gallon with neon tetras, bronze and albino cory cats, tons of red cherry shrimp, a few pond snails, and quite a few Malaysian trumpet snails. Moderately planted, black diamond blasting sand substrate, large sponge filter, canister filter with sponge pre filter, 78°.

I feel sorry that he's all alone and think he's past the danger of being eaten by anything? Is it safe to release him or should I keep him in his little "nursery" for a while longer?

TIA for any and all input!

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I see no reason not to let him in the tank.

Brizburk

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I say let her/hI'm go. I have a 36 gallon with sterbaI cory, shrimp and shrimplets as well as a betta. My SterbaI spawn all the time, while most haven't survived, three have. I just make sure to feed properly daily. They do their own thing, I wasn't trying for babies.

New Threads