When Can I Add The Betta Fry To Their Grow Out Tank?

RickyRicardo1838

Well it's about time to remove the male, and I was referring to EliteBettas betta breeding series, and I saw that after removing the male he moved the fry to a large 20 gallon grow out tank. I also used a small container to breed the bettas, so I want to get the fry out of there as soon as possible and into a 20 gallon tall tank. Would they die from shock or stress from getting moved to the new aquarium immediately? Should I wait a couple of weeks to move them?

KaderTheAnt

I wouldn’t move them till they’re 2-3 weeks old.

If you acclimate correctly then they should be fine. I’d use the drip acclimation system as I find it to be best when moving delicate fish.

RickyRicardo1838

Do you mean acclimate them using drip acclimat ion at 2-3 weeks, or acclimate them now and they'll be fine?

Mcasella

Acclimate them at the later date that way they aren't shocked and you are able to keep an eye on them in a small container until they really start growing.

KaderTheAnt

Do you mean acclimate them using drip acclimat ion at 2-3 weeks, or acclimate them now and they'll be fine?

I meant drip acclimate when they’re at the 2-3 weeks of age. As Mcaslla said, it’ll be easier to watch after them in the smaller container until bigger.

RickyRicardo1838

Yeah that's right, just wanted to make sure I'm doing the right thing for them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ree913
Replies
Views
Mcasella
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies