when can i add my dime- quarter sized angels? 40 Gallon Tank

1. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

ok i really need to get them out of their 29 and in to 40 when i get it, but when can they go down to one feeding a day and weekly water changes instead of daily? the reason im asking is bc i can not do a 50% water change every day on the 40 if i move them over there.

2. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Hi,

My dime sized angels were fed 3 times a day at minimum and I did waterchanges twice a week when I didn't have time to do waterchanges every other day. Do at 50% WC twice a week and that should be fine. Try to go barebottom if that's possible. It keeps the tank cleaner.

3. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

how long did you do that? i can keep them in the 29. i guess what im asking is when are they big enough to be feed once a day?

4. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

I did that until they were nickle size. Then I cut down feeding to twice a day and I kept the same WC schedule though. I always fed my fish at least twice a day. I suppose you could feed once a day at nickle size.

5. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

most of mine are either quarter or close to it.

6. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, then they're fine. I'd separate the larger ones from the smaller ones as they will out compete the smaller babies for food.

7. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

if i see them out compete the other for food ill seperate, but right now they all get to eat.

8. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Usually you can't see it happening. I always used to separate different sizes of angels from one another. Even if they were from the same spawn. Some angels grow faster than other angels and those angels usually bully smaller angels. Course I bred my angels to sell them so I wanted the maximum amount of fry from each batch. So that is why I separated the different sizes from each other. You may not want that :;dk

9. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

Im trying to get a pair. its 5 of them in a 29

10. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, I thought these were angels from one of your spawns. What I meant above was that in larger groups the bigger angels with out compete the smaller ones for food. Seeing as you don't have a big group then they should all be fine as you said :). My mistake haha. I just assumed :)

11. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

Haha

12. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Now that I think about it, all my responses above were pretty much directed towards a large group of angels. If you had them in a 40g you'd only need one large WC per week or two smaller WCs a week. You only have 5 angels so that really isn't that much of a bioload, especially since they are young.

What kind of angels do you have?

13. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

I cant remember. i know they have philipine blue in them along with a veil tail. ill look it up when i get home. heyre on aquabid . joeg sells them. and now i dont know where im putting them bc the 40 breeder turned out to be a 30 breeder.

14. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh. I see. Don't you also have EBRs from him?

Hahaha one gallon more :). The tank you have them in now is alright for a grow out until they get larger.

15. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

No i have a gold ram and a german blue ram. never liked EBRs

16. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh. I know someone on the forum had a bunch of EBRs from him lol.