When Can I Add A Blue Linckia To My Tank

Harry25022004

I've recently purchased an aqua reef 300 and I saw a blue Linckia in the fish store and I was wondering how long I would have to wait before getting one?

California L33

SecretiveFish

Blue Linkia's have very specific feeding requirements that are incredibly difficult to replicate in the home aquaria. I wouldn't try adding one until your tank is 1-2 years old.

Harry25022004

it's not cycled but I added some media from my other tanks which are almost 3 months old

California L33

Wow, just clicked a number of links and Blue Linkias appear to be a rather fragile and high maintenance organism at the best of times. I certainly see why you want one- freaking gorgeous, but I wouldn't even think about it in a tank that wasn't fully cycled, and unless I was prepared to learn the ins and outs of their care. The worst thing in the world is to get that 'show stopper' for your tank then have it get sick and die.

SecretiveFish

California L33 said:
Wow, just clicked a number of links and Blue Linkias appear to be a rather fragile and high maintenance organism at the best of times. I certainly see why you want one- freaking gorgeous, but I wouldn't even think about it in a tank that wasn't fully cycled, and unless I was prepared to learn the ins and outs of their care. The worst thing in the world is to get that 'show stopper' for your tank then have it get sick and die.
I wasn't joking that a tank needs to be 1-2 years old before even thinking about adding one! IMO, these are one of those animals that are better left in the ocean...

Harry25022004

how long would I
have to wait till I can put zoanthids in my tank

SecretiveFish

After you tank is cycled and you have appropriate lighting, you can try adding a zoanthid. Those tend to be pretty hardy corals.

Harry25022004

I have 2 t5 lights

Harry25022004

2 blue t5 2 white t5

SecretiveFish

I would add a zooanthid mid to high level in your tank and see how it does. I don't think there will be enough light at the bottom.

Harry25022004

How long would I have to wait before getting a zoa my tank is only 2 weeks old

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom