When a tree falls in the forest...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aquaphobia, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

When I got home from work my power was out and traffic was being rerouted the long way round because apparently a tree had been knocked over which took out a hydro pole which then sparked a grass fire which in this area and at this time of year is at high risk for forest fires.

I checked in on my fishy friends with a flashlight and no one seemed to be stressed luckily. I just woke up at 1am when the power was restored and all the equipment is running. I'll get a better look at the inhabitants in the morning when the tank lights are on!

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Wow, that was some night. Hope everyone is okay!

3. OP
    OP
    Aquaphobia

Everyone's fine! Wondering why they didn't get any dinner last night and ravenous this morning, but fine:)

4. Plecomaker

Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

That always gives me some paranoia too, luckily healthy fish are tougher thenwe think.

5. OP
    OP
    Aquaphobia

Yeah, it's still something that worries me. Where I live now the power has a higher-than-average chance of going out and staying out for extended periods. Didn't help that it's a holiday long weekend (Canada Day!) so emergency crews had to be called in, probably from a ways away. I don't live in the middle of nowhere, I live at the far edge of it;)

6. Plecomaker

Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

i hear you, we have storms here and its independence day

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice