Resource icon

When a 55 Gallon Aquarium is not a 55 Gallon Aquarium

bsimon615
bsimon615 submitted a new resource:

When a 55 Gallon Aquarium is not a 55 Gallon Aquarium - Aquarium Water Volume

When is a 55 gallon aquarium not a 55 gallon aquarium?

Or any other aquarium for that matter not exactly as advertised. The size of any aquarium is based upon it’s dimensions and measurements would indicate that virtually all aquariums do not have the water holding capacity that you would think they have based upon how they are labeled and marketed. As long as this is understood, no problem. Adjustments may have to be made when dosing medications or in determining when the aquarium is at...
Read more about this resource...

FishBoy101
That is super cool!!

Nomofish
Very well! I was looking for the mention of the Aqueon 45 gallon ensemble to be mentioned, which is how I too stumbled upon the false amount of gallons in which the tank can hold according to Aqueon. At the very most outside points of measurement it calculates to 45.34 gallons I believe, however from inside the glass and from inside of frame to frame top to bottom it's actually 37 point something gallons, and as said before with gravel and decorations put into factor my "45 gallon" is actually more like 35 gallons of actual water inside when filled just to the top frame. Seems to be false advertising if you ask me. How do these people not know to measure from INSIDE to get the volume of water in which the tank can actually hold before adding gravel or decorations and such.

Thanks for sharing

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom