Whelp, I Did It!

1. O

Over It Well Known Member Member

So I managed to combine 3 tanks into 2. That may not sound like a lot, but the tanks also are less stocked now so shouldn't be as much work.

Here's the 29 gal.
    2 Honey Gouramis
    1 Thick Lipped Sunset Gourami
    1 Female GBR
    7 Sterbai Corydoras
    3-4 Nerite Snails
    4 Lamb Chop Rasboras (want to add 2-4 more as soon as I can find some)
    I'll have to get pics of the new inhabitants tomorrow.
    I decided to get both the Gourami and GBR and see which one does better. If they both do good, great if not I'll keep the one that gets along with everyone.

Next is the 5.5 gal.
    1 male Doubletail Plakat Betta
    1 Mexican Dwarf Crayfish

I know they aren't recommended to be in the same tank, but it was either combine them or rehome the Betta. Hopefully it goes well, but if not at least I tried. 689829aa9a6d8ec3fc6b06658f5ed65f.jpg

Last is my 20 gal.
    1 Dwarf Gourami
    15 Pygmy Corydoras
    10 Amano Shrimp
    11 Blue and Purple Mystery Snails
    2 Rabbit Snails

I'm thinking about selling some of the Mystery Snails. That lady gave me way too many. 88256f6eb7151171076c11cbfbf8c313.jpg c5e1dec33a92317beab3773eedcd7d3a.jpg

Finally down to 4 tanks again! I'm so happy. This should be much more manageable and I'll be able to enjoy them more.

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Nice! How are you liking the GBR so far?

3. OP
    OP
    O

She is gorgeous! I always have really liked them, but was worried my set ups wouldn't work for them. *fingers crossed* she does very well as I would love to keep her. So far she and the Gourami's are good, but we'll see how it goes in the next few days.

4. MattS99

I wouldn't be too worried. Those gouramis are both really peaceful and I doubt they'll attack anything including each other. And GBRs aren't aggressive at all. My little guy actually gets bullied around.

5. OP
    OP
    O

Awesome! I really hope they all get along as I really like all of them. If I have to choose though I'd hope the GBR does great and gets along with everyone.

6. MattS99

I think it will. I'm sure you know already, but watch your parameters for the GBR. People call them "sensative" for some reason.

7. OP
    OP
    O

Yep. I got one before so I read up about them. Unfortunately she was not happy at all with her tankmates and was super stressed all the time so I had to take her back. Hopefully I'll have a lot better luck this time.

What do you think about my stocking in all the tanks? Does it sound good to you?

8. MattS99

I think the 29 is fine. I'd keep an eye out on the 5.5, but it could work. 20 sounds fine, but there might be too many snails.

9. OP
    OP
    O

Good to hear at least the 29 should be good.
    I will definitely be watching the 5.5. I really hope they'l be ok together. I tried to make sure they both ahve caves and lots of plants so they can get away from each other. I also added a Betta Hammock and the silk plants so hopefully he will rest on those instead of the bottom.

Yeah, the snails are too much. That lady ended trading me 16 Mystery Snails. 6 Blues and 5 medium sized Purples and 5 baby Purples.
    I'm gonna sell 3 Blues and a few of the Purples. I think that should be a lot better.

10. MattS99

Should be. The 29 is a pretty cool stocking. Not conventional. I'd just watch the gouramis close just in case, but I highly doubt anything will happen.

11. OP
    OP
    O

Thanks! I think it's gonna look awesome if it all works out. Plus I love all of the fish I have in there so that should be fun.

12. MattS99

I'm sure it will be. You're really making the MTS kick in lol

13. OP
    OP
    O

lol Uh oh. Trust me, try to resist. That's how I got myself into this situation. Too many pretty fish,not enough tanks.

14. OP
    OP
    O

Got some pics of the 29. Everyone is looking good. Especially the GBR. bc26227d771805025e236f6d7fab762a.jpg 42992dbea39b89809735e9883f28ceb5.jpg 9e139b5ed6a8276b1f3a8a169198925e.jpg d41da60904f4ec658f1897b1b7e559e0.jpg 5100191ee71354b10c241d541fd5d7fe.jpg 0e1b6299d336fcd18df8b3897256537e.jpg 42ac9010f8cb224cd9f95d882d79b8e7.jpg

15. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I would move the rabbit snails from the 20 to the 29. They like really warm water and will do much better in the warm water GBR require rather than the cool water pygmy cories like. :) aside from that everything looks great and those tanks look awesome.

16. OP
    OP
    O

Thank you!
    I actually just completely redid my stocking. I don't have a GBR anymore and I am putting a Blood Red Jewel Cichlid in the 29 gal. I'm getting her tomorrow. I'm going to try to keep her with the Sterbai Corydoras, but I returned all of the other fish so it'll just be her and the Sterbai's if she does well with them.