What's Your Most Useful Non-aquarium Tool (for Aquarium Use)? - Page 8

CHJ

Litter scoop.

mess711.jpg

Yehoshua

Credit cards for cleaning inside glass. Corkscrew bottle opener for weighing down cucumbers.

Fishfriendof315

15509342125728501160648850489189.jpg I use boot trays for my back ground keeps splashes and drips in tank here are same boot tray two different times.
20190218_130159.jpg
That is a gorgeous set up! I just have some vine cutting hanging out the top
Pill bottle
IMG_20210217_194430342.jpg
IMG_20210217_194758890.jpgtwo different size holes in top. Snail trap for feeding my puffer

Biz

I use one of those kids small ml plastic syringe. Works well for getting frozen food and for slurping up prime out of the bottle instead of useing a cap.

I also use the syringe to fill my API test tubes, so simple and so fast

ghostdawg

5 gallon buckets...

bcsay720

Turkey baster to get out things the siphon missed or to use between water changes.

Lucy

I prefer my 2.5 gallon bucket. I'm old.

Before my python I put my 5g bucket on a skateboard and pulled it with a rope :rolleyes:
Because......Old as well.

ghostdawg

I prefer my 2.5 gallon bucket. I'm old.
Well, I do have 3 teenage grandsons who do the heavy lifting... :cool:

Coppergold

IMG_4439.jpeg

Straws! lol use it in all my tanks, I use them as feeding rings and also my bettas love building bubbles nest in it.
Great idea! Meant to get some tubing and connector today while running a bunch of errands but came home empty handed bc it slipped my mind (oops). Problem solved

Fisch

An extended automotive screw pick up tool. I use it to place food into s specific area of the tank, grab pest snails, pick up the snail trap. All without putting my hands into the tank and scaring the living daylight out of the fish. Wish it would be plastic or stainless steel.

JettsPapa

Well, I do have 3 teenage grandsons who do the heavy lifting... :cool:

Mine is 3, so he won't be much help for a while.

Mike999

I have a lifetime supply of double edged razor blades.
Note: I was apparently bored one year of my life and ordered a couple thousand different brands for my double edge razor.

I use them for scraping off my coralline algae. Yes, I actually that have circular rusty red algae all over my 2 freshwater aquarium walls and ornaments.
------------
They are very sharp, but I'm pretty adept at pinching them in the middle and then scraping the algae off the glass walls. Have to be careful but boy are they useful.

EmberTetraPerson

I use chopsticks to rearrange plants and small decorations. The shrimp also love sitting on it when I stick it in there to move something over

sairving

A toothbrush for cleaning. Several plastic containers in various sizes for putting plant leaves during trimming or wet sponges/scrubbers. And my most useful tool, an empty gallon size milk container. I use them to refill my 5 gallon tank after a water change.

Msdp11009

Mr clean eraser for wiping algae off anubias. So gentle and easy and effective

Coppergold

I use a toothpick when feeding my fish

BigManAquatics

Syringes and turkey basters i find very handy. Also like things like toolbox/drawer organizer trays to keep supplies and food easy to find and grab.

Aysu

A cat litter scoop's holder modified to help with water changes. Never used it for the cat boxes, but we drilled some holes in the sides and slapped some cheap bent metal hooks on there to hook it over the edge of the tank. It's easy to place, easy to remove, and it keeps my plants, gravel, and fish from being blown around when I add water!

Other notable mentions are an old credit card for scraping algae, a cheap toothbrush, and "volunteered" family members.

Frisbee

I don’t have a most useful non-aquarium tool, but I do have a least useful. This creature steals filter sponges and runs off and hides under the bed with them. The other day I found a pile of soggy Polly-fill under my bed... now I wonder how that got there.

136202A8-800D-4658-AD00-67011A322A3E.jpeg

sairving

I don’t have a most useful non-aquarium tool, but I do have a least useful. This creature steals filter sponges and runs off and hides under the bed with them. The other day I found a pile of soggy Polly-fill under my bed... now I wonder how that got there.

136202A8-800D-4658-AD00-67011A322A3E.jpeg

Kitty is just trying "help" lol

qldmick

Will do as a fry saver,

IMG_20210425_135900 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20210425_135847 - Copy.jpg
36cm x 30cm so bigger than brought ones. Anyway last time I used a shop brought one my clown loaches (and probably larger cichlids too) sucked most of the babies through the holes.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Uhm...Towels lol. I mean I don't think there is a single thing I use more than towels.

cdw202x

I would mark it down to three things:

(a) the small, clear glass pyrex glass dishes -- some reason, fish seem to be curious about what this is and swim into it. I can then scoop them out and is much easier than a net

(b)+(c) a small medicine dropper (not the syringe type) I got from the pharmacy with a small, wide-neck pickle jar. If I have to soak the betta food or thaw frozen food or mix chemicals or whatever, I use these things over and over again. The bettas have come to realize the medicine dropper means food is coming and both are easy to clean.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kered
Replies
Views
mrsP
Replies
Views
Fishproblem

New Aquarium Equipment Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads