What's Your Most Useful Non-aquarium Tool (for Aquarium Use)?

Littlebudda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah it’s custom I had my lfs has a tank builder it’s around 300gal.
Currently has 2 oscars, 2 blood parrots, 1 severum, 2 silver Dollars, a pair of convicts are currently in the 16gal till they are big enough to not be Oscar snacks

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Along with my spaghetti spoon for moss ball retrieval I also use a plastic soap dish (new obviously) as a feeding bow for the Axolotl that will be arriving in the coming week - its deep enough to keep food under control and its ribbed on the bottom so the critter will be able to maintain its footing whilst eating

KingJamal2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Disposable Pipettes that you would find in a high school science classroom. I use them to dose prime.

I also use 5 gallon buckets.

plecodragon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
3 foot long hard wood stakes, for reaching far down in tall tanks and for planting plants. No wet hands. Nytrel gloves to keep hands clean and dry.

sto0ka

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
2l cocktail bowls :D

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
To avoid disturbing the substrate I've been using an old ceramic cereal bowl placed in the bottom of my tanks to pour into doing water changes, but I came up with something better. I bought a plastic measuring cup and drilled 57 small holes in the sides (yes, I counted them; that's how my poor little brain works), then I hang it on the side of the tank and pour into it. Works good, and I don't have to reach to the bottom of the tank to get it out like I did with the bowl.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads