Whats your favorite pond filter?

Wendigoblue
So, I'm planning on starting a new pond! But I don't know of any good filter/pumps to put on the pond. What's your favorite pond pump/filter that keeps your pond clean? Thanks for any replies!

Aquarist
Good morning,

I have used the filter below and with good success for my pond (not currently stocked):

I used the PondMaster 1250 for my 125g pond.

Ken

Wendigoblue
Thank you! It was just the type I was looking for! Is that the type that has the fountain, like in the link? If so hows the water flow from the pump? Is it a slow enough flow for fish with heavy finage in the size pond you have? Thanks again!

Rivieraneo
echi1, what size pond and what kind of stock ? There are a few options including some DYI ones that are fairly inexpensive.

Wendigoblue
Right now I'm trying to figure out what type of fish would be best and then I will figure out a good pond size for the fish. I'm currently thinking a 150 - 250 gallon pond, but if I choose goldfish I may make it a little over 250.

Aquarist
echi1 said:
Thank you! It was just the type I was looking for! Is that the type that has the fountain, like in the link? If so hows the water flow from the pump? Is it a slow enough flow for fish with heavy finage in the size pond you have? Thanks again!
Good afternoon,

I always used the fountain attachment that came with the filter (several to choose from) and it worked great. Created great surface water movement and created no currents to disturb the fish.

Ken

Wendigoblue
Well I'll look into buying that one when the time comes to buy all that stuff!

Latest threads

Top Bottom