Reaction score
Experience
2 years
jimmyjam923 said:
My new EB Acara.... Stunning...
9f8732999ce1d7aae2bb6d00c362974f.jpg

Oh and my RT shark...
6a8604b7592e57e7b6207fbeabd5fe50.jpg
I got an EBA recently too! Very interactive fish. I'd like a rainbow shark as well (different from yours I know, but similar) but haven't been able to talk myself into trying one yet.

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just got my first betta recently, and I have to say that bettas are my new favorite fish. These guys have way more personality than they really should for there tiny size.

Shade89

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CMB said:
Just got my first betta recently, and I have to say that bettas are my new favorite fish. These guys have way more personality than they really should for there tiny size.
I wish I could get a betta but I don't have anywhere to put another tank, even a small one, and it would be too dangerous with my current fish. Sadly the only time I ever had a betta was when I was a kid and didn't care for fish properly so it didn't last longer than a day, but they are so cool looking!

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Shade89 said:
I wish I could get a betta but I don't have anywhere to put another tank, even a small one, and it would be too dangerous with my current fish. Sadly the only time I ever had a betta was when I was a kid and didn't care for fish properly so it didn't last longer than a day, but they are so cool looking!
Well, if you ever have a peaceful community, I've heard they actually do pretty well with other fish. I know that my current guy is so relaxed with tankmates, he was afraid to eat off the bottom because one of the frogs might be mean to him. Sooner or later, though, I'm sure that you'll have the room for that one more tank.

jimmyjam923

Reaction score
JLeeM said:
I got an EBA recently too! Very interactive fish. I'd like a rainbow shark as well (different from yours I know, but similar) but haven't been able to talk myself into trying one yet.
You should, they are very interactive as well. Pretty much always active and swimming around and not one bit afraid to get right in the feeding frenzy with the cichlids. As i understand it the rainbows are pretty much the exact same fish behavior wise

JLeeM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
jimmyjam923 said:
You should, they are very interactive as well. Pretty much always active and swimming around and not one bit afraid to get right in the feeding frenzy with the cichlids. As i understand it the rainbows are pretty much the exact same fish behavior wise
I have really calm cichlids and plecos though. I've heard the sharks don't do well with other bottom feeders, and I don't want to risk them.

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Achilles said:
Blood parrot cichlids are my favorite. I don't know if I can this because I've never owned one, but from what I've seen they're like having a dog in your aquarium lol. Also I'll be getting one in a few months!
Arades said:
Blood parrots, i have one and is very smart. He can follow my finger, jump out of the water to get food, swim through a hoop when i want him too. Mine isnt a true blood parrot as he doesnt have a deformed mouth, and is a more orange colour.
Yas! Yas! Yas! Blood parrots are amazing! I have had mine for 1 1/2 years now and he is by far my favorite fish that I own and has a hilarious, but still cute personality. He is an absolute camera hog and just loves to be filmed, lol

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
BP's are so cute! They're some of the most interactive fish I've ever seen, they seem to stay relatively peaceful when they get bigger too so that's a big bonus.

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
nikm128 said:
BP's are so cute! They're some of the most interactive fish I've ever seen, they seem to stay relatively peaceful when they get bigger too so that's a big bonus.
See that, that’s where I disagree with a lot of people. My blood parrot is the boss of my tank and pushes around every other fish in the tank. Blood parrots can not really harm smaller fish because of there mouths, however I feel they are as aggressive as any other cichlid, at least mine is. This is just my experiance

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Relatively as in, for a cichlid lol. I have zero doubts that they could become tank bosses over a good number of other fish.
I think one of the few fish with more personality would be an oscar, especially if you've seen the ones @Dawn Michele has.

toomanyfishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Platy. Always kept them. Have super cool color, patterns, and variations/cool siunding names. They have personality too. They swim up ti the glass to greet you. Gotta love their high amount of waste too

LeahsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CA5FA1BD-0477-4447-82F2-D7AA8F6FD12D.jpeg
78D5A0CE-C19B-41CA-8671-EE98D8FBB84C.jpeg
Triggerman said:
Hands down threadfin rainbow
I have 12!

I had two in my display tank. I wanted more, but was overstocked. And since my husband somehow killed off 13 fish while I was out of town (I think a gas release during a water change) I ordered 10 more threadfins to replace the other various fishes lost. (I will name them as a group instead of singularly... “Guilt Trip”) They are in qt now and just getting over ich. They are so tiny, I’m having to feed them “dust” from the bug bites container. I can’t wait for them to join their big brother and sister in the main tank! It’s gonna be a party up in there!

RHONDA PIMENTEL

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Angel rams. Turquoise rainbows. And not to go off topic but, has anyone else had problems with getting on website or posting today? Or is it just me Maybe?

ostadsiah

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My most favorite is black ghostknife fish. I don't have any cause my tank is small, but it's definitely in my list for the next tank hopefully!

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Maybe been covered but I think everyone likes these threads. Has to be a fish you own.
I’ll start
I think it’s my scarlet badis.
First I like the name. It’s intriguing and kind of sexy. Plus badis is kind of like feisty and I think these fish are.
I like the colors and their behavior. I was just looking at one and it was sitting on its fins like get the heck out of my area, I’m the boss.

Sunflower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Out of my betta, goldfish, African dwarf frogs, shrimp, zebra danios, and mystery snails, it’s gotta be the betta.

So much personality in such a tiny little fish. Plus you can really “dress up” your tank with a really flashy betta or keep it natural with a wild type or mild colored betta. I also enjoy the size/style of tanks they require (10 gallon is a happy medium, big enough for tank mates that aren’t fish but also travel size for college. Plus the heavily planted/tannins they like). They are also very intelligent. Let’s not forget they are also very unique, with their labyrinth organs and the way they flare and their ability to jump high and such. I just love them

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
For me it's probably Gourami and more specifically Three spot's, they're beautiful and grow to a good size. Their attitude can make it a challenge to keep with others but I find that's a draw for me. I would love to set up a large community of them in the future, I've seen something similar in a public aquarium and in video of them in the wild.

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My favorite fish that I am currently keeping is altum angels. Such a beautiful and majestic fish that should be kept by advance hobbyists. Not only that, but they were dream fish! :smuggrin:

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom