What's Your Favorite Kind Of Fish?

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Messages
30,021
Reaction score
4,191
Points
813
Experience
5 to 10 years

CMB

Well Known Member
Messages
987
Reaction score
558
Points
128
Experience
1 year
bridralliw132 said:
Freshwater puffers so much personality. Each of my puffers greet me as I walk in the door and wait for my attention
bc30576557431a83336a00499ba4ea90.jpg
12998d009d71f34b3dda6117d31eb063.jpg
33c97d360f0da139e23b058e1b039353.jpg
f7d68bb6eeaff2d9db5a9c035e2c6850.jpg
a5f9bd51759f0a8556d76287990f6abf.jpg
So..........are there any varieties of puffer that are a medium ish size, say, a good size to go in a 75 gallon tank?
 

bridralliw132

New Member
Messages
18
Reaction score
30
Points
38
CMB said:
So..........are there any varieties of puffer that are a medium ish size, say, a good size to go in a 75 gallon tank?
Yes absolutely red Congo puffers hairy puffers arrow Head puffers dragon puffers. Plenty of species also depends if you want active or inactive puffers. We keep numerous species of puffers inactive and very active. The main problem is what's available on the market. I wait sometimes years to get what I'm looking for. Good luck and you'll be very happy with whatever species you get.
 

CMB

Well Known Member
Messages
987
Reaction score
558
Points
128
Experience
1 year
bridralliw132 said:
Yes absolutely red Congo puffers hairy puffers arrow Head puffers dragon puffers. Plenty of species also depends if you want active or inactive puffers. We keep numerous species of puffers inactive and very active. The main problem is what's available on the market. I wait sometimes years to get what I'm looking for. Good luck and you'll be very happy with whatever species you get.
Sadly, no puffers in my future. I already stocked my tank, but a while back I ran into this one saltwater puffer at my lfs........That thing had so much personality, I wanted to rearrange the whole tank stock and just keep it, but the size wouldn't allow it (26 inches full grown was a tad too big for my tank). I was just wondering if they were all that big, or if, when my current tank stock is no longer with me, I might be able to get a puffer instead. I considered dwarf puffers in my ten, it seems like puffers are pretty much all rather smart fish.
 

bridralliw132

New Member
Messages
18
Reaction score
30
Points
38
CMB said:
Sadly, no puffers in my future. I already stocked my tank, but a while back I ran into this one saltwater puffer at my lfs........That thing had so much personality, I wanted to rearrange the whole tank stock and just keep it, but the size wouldn't allow it (26 inches full grown was a tad too big for my tank). I was just wondering if they were all that big, or if, when my current tank stock is no longer with me, I might be able to get a puffer instead. I considered dwarf puffers in my ten, it seems like puffers are pretty much all rather smart fish.
Puffers are highly intelligent check out my YouTube channel btw aquatics all of my puffers are on YouTube I also breed dragon puffers
 

CMB

Well Known Member
Messages
987
Reaction score
558
Points
128
Experience
1 year
bridralliw132 said:
Puffers are highly intelligent check out my YouTube channel btw aquatics all of my puffers are on YouTube I also breed dragon puffers
Yeah, I actually really wish I'd known that in advance. What's the minimum tank size you'd recommend for a dragon puffer, anyway?

Are there any puffers in existence that could actually go well with a south american (ish) community tank? I noticed that you did a video and the puffers were in an aquarium with other fish, I thought that they'd be too aggressive for that, but now I'm thinking maybe it could work. Temp is 74 degrees and the smallest fish are neon tetras, anything that could work?
 

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,582
Reaction score
2,909
Points
298
Experience
1 year
bridralliw132 said:
Puffers are highly intelligent check out my YouTube channel btw aquatics all of my puffers are on YouTube I also breed dragon puffers
What’s your channel called?
 

CMB

Well Known Member
Messages
987
Reaction score
558
Points
128
Experience
1 year
AJE said:
What’s your channel called?
btw aquatics. I'd avoid it, one look at some of the fish they keep and the jealousy will be unbearable . Seriously, though, they have some insanely awesome fish!
 

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,582
Reaction score
2,909
Points
298
Experience
1 year
CMB said:
btw aquatics. I'd avoid it, one look at some of the fish they keep and the jealousy will be unbearable . Seriously, though, they have some insanely awesome fish!
Ok, just subscribed! Your puffers are so cool. Makes me dread getting rid of my green spotted puffer even more now
 

CMB

Well Known Member
Messages
987
Reaction score
558
Points
128
Experience
1 year
AJE said:
Ok, just subscribed! Your puffers are so cool. Makes me dread getting rid of my green spotted puffer even more now
Not mine, I wish . Just checked or the channel myself, now I'm busy trying to figure out the logistics of a puffer I'm a community tank lol.
 

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,582
Reaction score
2,909
Points
298
Experience
1 year
DoubleDutch said:
Are there any other fish than CORYDORAS ?
As far as I know there are only Corydoras... and puffers... and live bearers... and tetras... and gouramis.
CMB said:
Not mine, I wish . Just checked or the channel myself, now I'm busy trying to figure out the logistics of a puffer I'm a community tank lol.
Oh really? Than who’s are they?
 

CMB

Well Known Member
Messages
987
Reaction score
558
Points
128
Experience
1 year
AJE said:
As far as I know there are only Corydoras... and puffers... and live bearers... and tetras... and gouramis.

Oh really? Than who’s are they?
That's @bridralliw132 channel.

He commented earlier and included the name of the channel, I just passed the info along to you.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom