What's Your Favorite Kind Of Fish?

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CMB said:
Well, I think that we've already talked about my favorites. Bolivian Rams and Peacock Gudgeons are up there, I also love Gouramis (I have Honey Gourami, but I think that all gouramis are so much fun!). I think that if I had to choose a favorite fish, it would be the Gudgeons, but they're all rather nice. I like anything with a bit of personality, betta fish will be my next adventure. I hope they're as fun as everyone says they are.
I could list my favorite fish I've seen on the internet (and researched as though I was going to keep but never quite managed to get), but that might be a bit long for this post
Speak away!

mrsCG

Reaction score
I love how much thought you put into your answer about CPDs. I agree they are amazing fish to watch. I love them too.

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
NC122606 said:
Speak away!
Alright, well to start with, there's the monster 600 gallon tank that would include Birchirs, Bala Sharks, Mini Sting Rays, and Oscars . That would be my dream tank, but only if someone else was maintaining it lol. Seriously, though, I love Bettas, Harlequin Rasboras, all the different Pencil Fish, Shell Dwellers, and of course all those beautiful saltwater fish that are way too much work.

I also adore pufferfish. We visited my lfs once, and they had this huge, 6-8 inch long puffer that watched and played with us. It followed my hand and head around and seemed to be dancing with excitement at us. I would have gotten it, but it turns out it was a baby and would have gotten about 26 inches long by the time grown, unfortunately. The dwarf puffers are also really nice, and I love the whole eartheater cichlid family (rams are dwarf eartheaters). There are red hump earth eaters, and all those other beauties.

And then there are the loaches. I want all of them. Java loaches, clown loaches, zebra loaches, I love bottom dwellers, though, and I also want to keep all the catfish. Corys, bigger stuff, I love pretty much all of them.

On the colder side, I also like goldfish. I wish I had a pond, that would be awesome.

I think I'll stop here, I really could go on and on, you have no idea how much time I spent looking up useless fish stuff on the internet . See, I told you I had a lot of fish I loved.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CMB said:
Alright, well to start with, there's the monster 600 gallon tank that would include Birchirs, Bala Sharks, Mini Sting Rays, and Oscars . That would be my dream tank, but only if someone else was maintaining it lol. Seriously, though, I love Bettas, Harlequin Rasboras, all the different Pencil Fish, Shell Dwellers, and of course all those beautiful saltwater fish that are way too much work.

I also adore pufferfish. We visited my lfs once, and they had this huge, 6-8 inch long puffer that watched and played with us. It followed my hand and head around and seemed to be dancing with excitement at us. I would have gotten it, but it turns out it was a baby and would have gotten about 26 inches long by the time grown, unfortunately. The dwarf puffers are also really nice, and I love the whole eartheater cichlid family (rams are dwarf eartheaters). There are red hump earth eaters, and all those other beauties.

And then there are the loaches. I want all of them. Java loaches, clown loaches, zebra loaches, I love bottom dwellers, though, and I also want to keep all the catfish. Corys, bigger stuff, I love pretty much all of them.

On the colder side, I also like goldfish. I wish I had a pond, that would be awesome.

I think I'll stop here, I really could go on and on, you have no idea how much time I spent looking up useless fish stuff on the internet . See, I told you I had a lot of fish I loved.
Honestly, I would love to have a fish tank with freshwater rays and some Blood Parrots. Maybe some Eartheaters because I too find them really cool! Angelfish in it too with some Keyholes, Oscars is a fish I am wanting too.

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
NC122606 said:
Honestly, I would love to have a fish tank with freshwater rays and some Blood Parrots. Maybe some Eartheaters because I too find them really cool! Angelfish in it too with some Keyholes, Oscars is a fish I am wanting too.
Yeah, have you seen Dawn Michele posting about Big Boy, her oscar? I love when she posts pictures of how he "redecorated"

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Depends if I'm wanting sushi or pan fry. Seriously, though, I'd have to choose goldfish and koi. I was raised in a fishing family. I had the opportunity to see fishes and marine mammals in their natural habitat most of my life. It's probably why I have zero interest in keeping saltwater aquariums. I'm okay with keeping "fake" domesticated fish.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CMB said:
Yeah, have you seen Dawn Michele posting about Big Boy, her oscar? I love when she posts pictures of how he "redecorated"
Yes! I love watching her Oscar!

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
NC122606 said:
Yes! I love watching her Oscar!
Me too, he's awesome! If only I had a 200 gallon tank Sigh I guess I'll just have to stick to oogling other people's fish.

LynnwoodFishDad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CMB said:
Me too, he's awesome! If only I had a 200 gallon tank Sigh I guess I'll just have to stick to oogling other people's fish.
Don’t sell yourself short. Bankruptcy is totally worth that big tank! LOL

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
LynnwoodFishDad said:
Yes, but you can only do that so often, and what about all those reptiles, amphibians, and miscellaneous small mammals I want to keep? How will I choose? Wait....I think I've got it. I'll just live next to an aquarium! That way I'll get to see all of the animals, and someone else does all the work. I wonder if they rent apartments above the main aquarium......That's where I want to live

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
CMB said:
Yes, but you can only do that so often, and what about all those reptiles, amphibians, and miscellaneous small mammals I want to keep? How will I choose? Wait....I think I've got it. I'll just live next to an aquarium! That way I'll get to see all of the animals, and someone else does all the work. I wonder if they rent apartments above the main aquarium......That's where I want to live
You're basically living in a zoo.

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LynnwoodFishDad said:
One would have to be extremely gifted to file for bankruptcy over a 200g tank

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Crispii said:
You're basically living in a zoo.
Not yet. That's just my ambition for when I grow up. I'm going to get rich and own my own small-animals zoo.

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
scarface said:
One would have to be extremely gifted to file for bankruptcy over a 200g tank
I mean, if you buy all the most expensive plants, the priciest fish, way overfilter it and pay insane amounts for decorations, you could manage it. Or, you could be one of those people who can't keep fish alive, and just throws fish at it forever, I guess that might do it.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CMB said:
I mean, if you buy all the most expensive plants, the priciest fish, way overfilter it and pay insane amounts for decorations, you could manage it. Or, you could be one of those people who can't keep fish alive, and just throws fish at it forever, I guess that might do it.
*Puts 500 Tiger sharks*

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
NC122606 said:
Yeah, what about Axolotls!
Yes 100% on my list! I was really happy because I finally managed to get aquatic frogs a few days ago, they're too cute.

potter

Valued Member
Reaction score
NC122606 said:
I wanted 5.5 Gallon for one Betta and another for a Dwarf Pea Puffer.

Panda Cories!

Honestly, I would love to have a Discus Tank!

Pearl Gouramis! Never seen a Pike I will have to check that out!

Yup, multiple places say 2-3 Inches...

I used to have 2 dwarf puffers in a 10 gallon for the longest time. They are so cute. But one became more territorial than the other even with a planted tank so I had to give one away. The hardest part was they only take live food and it was hard to find in my area.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom