Whats Your Favorite Heater For A 5 Gallon Tank?

DirtyEw0k

I was just wondering what everyone is using in their 5 gallon tanks. I got a Betta in one and mine never goes past 75F. I would like his tank a bit warmer

KinsKicks

Hello!

Hands down the Hydor Theo 25 watt Heater. It's actually not that expensive considering it's fully submersible, has a light indicator, temperature adjustable, changeable positions, shatterproof glass, etc; it's honestly like any of those fancy heaters just shrunk down to 25w. It's also got a neat slender design that most appreciate.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Bettanewb

I was going say I use hydor theo. I don't have a 5 gallon but I use a 100 watt version in my 20 long and the 50 watt in my 10.

And like said above reasonable price for all the bells and whistles. Shatter proof adjustable and fully submersible.

Kay the snail lady

Gonna "me too" the Hydor Theo 25w. It's very reasonably priced for all the features. Especially the automatic shut-off feature for if the water level gets too low. I may or may not have forgotten to unplug it before doing water changes a couple times...

Though neither it or the Aqueon Pro on my 10 gallon have accurate thermostats. Based on reading reviews, it's a pretty common problem.

DirtyEw0k

I got the hydor 25 and its working great. the water temperature has been very accurate so far

Merlin79

I've heard good things about the hydor.

I don't advise on the aqueon minI 10watt. It has no temp control. My tank got to 85 and I've unplugged it. It didn't auto shut off either.

FlutterFish

Hydor's decent, but it doesn't have a very accurate thermostat IMO. I've had at least five of those heaters that malfunctioned - after turning down that thing to 69 F, I ended up with a temperature of 84 F. Not a good ending.

If you're not tight on money, I'd go with the Neotherm Heater. It's plenty accurate with the thermostat, 3-year warranty, and has a built-in thermometer (which, is also accurate - confirmed by my three other thermometers since I'm paranoid).

EDIT : Sorry, didn't realize how old this thread was! If your hydor malfunctions, might want to get the Neotherm

DirtyEw0k

Mines been spot on with my thermostat so far. Thanks for the tip tho. I'll check it out if I ever get problems

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Taydee
  • Scrappygirl93
  • Heater
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • otterblue
  • Snails
Replies