I would have to say non-fish wise,
Piebald ball python
Parrot
Great pyrenees dog
Otter
And monkey!
What about you guys?

dmk164

i have two bengal cats and two jack russels and my favorite is my older bengle favorite fish is cribensis

Betta'sAnonymous

Great white shark. What better way to deal with your enemies than feeding them to your pet shark?

Equestrianhammy

Ah, dream pet...
Probably a jumping spider
A crested gecko
2 rabbits
Some killifish
Other dream pets, I already have.
A hamster
An axolotl
Dogs (i have 2)

Cowardlyslimeball

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Great white shark. What better way to deal with your enemies than feeding them to your pet shark?
People have never successfully kept great whites in captivity... Good luck
Equestrianhammy said:
Ah, dream pet...
Probably a jumping spider
A crested gecko
2 rabbits
Some killifish
Other dream pets, I already have.
A hamster
An axolotl
Dogs (i have 2)
Ah yes, I forgot one! Axolotl of course!
The dream pets I already have are
All of my fish. I've wanted fish forever!
My German Shepherd, and my pitbull puppy!
My cats. I'm so thankful for them, I almost lost all 4 this spring. I only lost one. He got viral feline leukemia, and my other cats weren't vaccinated. So so lucky that they didn't get it, too.

Donovan Jones

I want an opossum, or an owl

Betta'sAnonymous

Cowardlyslimeball said:
People have never successfully kept great whites in captivity... Good luck
This is why it's a dream pet!! I got no time to dream of small things!!!

AggressiveAquatics

I’d want a tamed eagle that will come to me when it’s called and will sit on my shoulders to guard me. Or maybe a blue tongue skink. I’ve been wanting one for a while

Cowardlyslimeball

AggressiveAquatics said:
I’d want a tamed eagle that will come to me when it’s called and will sit on my shoulders to guard me. Or maybe a blue tongue skink. I’ve been wanting one for a while
That would be really cool. I'd get a toucan for protection. Honestly, who's gonna mess with that beak?

goldface

Cowardlyslimeball said:
That would be really cool. I'd get a toucan for protection. Honestly, who's gonna mess with that beak?
That's lame vs. my pet Pterodactyl.

AggressiveAquatics

goldface said:
That's lame vs. my pet Pterodactyl.
That’s even more lame vs. my pet butterfly

Donovan Jones

AggressiveAquatics said:
The gloves really came off for that one lol

Cowardlyslimeball

AggressiveAquatics said:
I'm scared ;-;

MoshJosh

Dovii
Wild discus
One of those cats with the weird long legs

Aquariumlover1357

A panda or a tiger. See why it's called dream pets....?

Cowardlyslimeball

Aquariumlover1357 said:
A panda or a tiger. See why it's called dream pets....?
Hm in that case I would like one tame velosiraptor please

faydout

Cowardlyslimeball said:
Great pyrenees dog
I used to foster these, and love them. Awesome dogs, definitely in that "nothing on the counters is safe" category. The one I had the hardest time sending on to their forever home (Ben) and I would go out on walks every day. If I kept him out longer than he'd want to be gone for, he'd stop and lay down. He was done. I had to call my wife a few times to get her to bring our FJ and pick us up, cause that pup was not budging.

As for dream pets. My 2 year old Schnauzer, Maxx. I've had 4ish dogs (there was a Samoyed that I took on from somoene who wouldn't care for it, but I wasn't set up for a Sammy myself and couldn't keep him long) not counting the ones I grew up with, I've never had a dog that I feel about the way I do Maxx. Closest thing I'll ever have to a son (my baby making years are behind me). We've hiked up 14,000 ft mountains together already. He "helps" me do water changes, and I'll sit him in my lap and we'll watch the fish. We have play time every day on top of going for 3- 4 mile walks. I understand his body language well enough that we can "talk." He's pretty much the best version of having a 4 year old boy.

BlackOsprey

A sweet, affectionate cat that I'm not allergic to.

Babbers

Piranhas and a lionhead rabbit/ angora

V1K

A dream pet that I already have - my cat Simba, he's so low maintenance, so loving, constant source of joy in my life, I'm really so lucky I got him. So many cats have behaviour problems, health problems, etc., especially when you get them as adults as I did with him. I'm so greatful for my intuition or just plain luck that day when I was scrolling the ads for cats being given away and I stopped at this rather unassuming cat and thought, yeah, this sounds like my type of cat .

Realistic ones that I'm actually planning to get in a forseeable future - a nicely scaped cube tank with red plants and blue shrimp, and later some Otocincli; I'd like to get O. cocama, but it seems it's not an option in my country, pity, those are pretty.

Unrealistic one that would require owning a home big enough for me to avoid the noise caused by such pet - a talking parrot, the more intelligent the better. I just find it so fascinating, but I hate noise so I'd probably go insane .

Kribensis27

Some rare nano fish, an argentine black and white tegu, a sulcata tortoise, a chameleon, a few tarantulas, an Asian forest scorpion, a dog, various rare tropical lizards (satanic leaf tail gecko, etc..), and a group of emerald tree skinks.

The_fishy

I would really love a horse. Besides aquatic critters, I currently have 3 Hog Island Boas, 4 Burmese pythons (2 caramel, 2 het caramel), leopard geckos, and an American toad.

Cowardlyslimeball

faydout said:
I used to foster these, and love them. Awesome dogs, definitely in that "nothing on the counters is safe" category. The one I had the hardest time sending on to their forever home (Ben) and I would go out on walks every day. If I kept him out longer than he'd want to be gone for, he'd stop and lay down. He was done. I had to call my wife a few times to get her to bring our FJ and pick us up, cause that pup was not budging.

As for dream pets. My 2 year old Schnauzer, Maxx. I've had 4ish dogs (there was a Samoyed that I took on from somoene who wouldn't care for it, but I wasn't set up for a Sammy myself and couldn't keep him long) not counting the ones I grew up with, I've never had a dog that I feel about the way I do Maxx. Closest thing I'll ever have to a son (my baby making years are behind me). We've hiked up 14,000 ft mountains together already. He "helps" me do water changes, and I'll sit him in my lap and we'll watch the fish. We have play time every day on top of going for 3- 4 mile walks. I understand his body language well enough that we can "talk." He's pretty much the best version of having a 4 year old boy.
Yeah, I love great pyrenees. When I was little, my dad brought one that he found abandoned at work.
She had a lot of issues, like a sezure condition, as well as not being trained at all (as you probably know, it's super hard to train adults)
I loved that dog! If I ever have enough room and money for one, I would love to have one again.
I think the hardest thing is grooming. They have so much hair!!

goldface

Komodo Dragon.

Kribensis27

goldface said:
Komodo Dragon.
About the closest you can get is a black throat monitor. They get utterly MASSIVE, but they're much more friendly (and available) than a komodo. Forgot to mention a BTM on my list!

faydout

I got chased by a bengal Monitor one morning in Afghanistan. It wasn't too long after sunrise, and I assume it was sunning itself on the step right outside where I was working. It didn't appreciate me stepping on it, and I had to high tail it for about 100 yds before it let me go.

minervalong

Cowardlyslimeball said:
Yeah, I love great pyrenees. When I was little, my dad brought one that he found abandoned at work.
She had a lot of issues, like a sezure condition, as well as not being trained at all (as you probably know, it's super hard to train adults)
I loved that dog! If I ever have enough room and money for one, I would love to have one again.
I think the hardest thing is grooming. They have so much hair!!
My Dutchie's mom was a GP. His dad was a pittie. That boyo is spectacular. Biggest doofus in the world, cries when I leave home, has to be with me whenever I'm outside, will scootch himself into being the inside spoon at night lol. But, he also stands strong when I need help getting up (I sometimes tumble) and NO ONE gets out of their vehicle without asking me if it's ok lol. His coat is medium so don't have to deal with long hair but it is a double coat so there is still lots of hair floating around lol.
My dream pet has been such since I was 8 and read "Misty of Chincoteague". Bucket list item is to go to the swim one year. And fulfilled dream would be to buy one of the foals. Maybe my grandgirl will get herself one as I sent her the book last year. She's just 7 so there's time for her.

Skrabbitskrabbit

My dream pet that I have had was named Yogi. She was a cat that went hiking with me (backpacking technically). Best cat ever. Very adaptable.
Dream pet that I would want is probably a trained falcon or a tame raccoon lol

Fishlover001

I LOVE dog I walk 8 dogs and I have always wanted a monkey or a pig

BettaQueenInTheory

My dream pet I have is my horse! He is the most awesome creature ever and I can’t wait to take him to shows!
My dream pets-
Monkey
More dogs(I have three Great Pyrenees)
A 10 gallon tank with a beautiful heavily planted set up for shrimp
An Oscar tank
A goldfish tank
A Phoenix(a firebird for those who don’t know it is a fantasy bird that is reborn from its ashes over and over)
Quail
More horses
A T-Rex
A koi pond

jake37

One clever orange tabby is all i need. Cats are the best.

SM1199

Has anyone seen the tame foxes from Russia? They've been effectively domesticated through decades of selectively breeding for friendliness. It was initially part of a behavioral study but now some of them are available as pets, depending on where you are and what your wildlife-owning restrictions look like. They also come in beautiful colors because of some strange mutations that popped up while they were breeding for behavior.

Troyee219

Probably a Bearded Dragon, and a Dwarf Caimen. A Bird-Eater Tarantula would be pretty cool too. Dream pet I already have are my Budgies.

sav023

A fluffy cow! One that stays smallish and can be house-trained though. They are the cutest!
1609474159348.png

Dalmatmollies2020

A wolf dog. Can I see myself actually getting one? No, but it's just a fantasy I have in my head. Lol.

AggressiveAquatics

sav023 said:
A fluffy cow! One that stays smallish and can be house-trained though. They are the cutest!
I actually got to see some of those a long time ago when I visited Scotland.If you didn’t already know they are highland cows

Dippiedee

A wolf.
And an allosaurus; if it ate me you can't say that isn't a good way to go.

Lilthuglet

A corn snake.
An Axolotl.
A Tegu.

In order of liklihood and possibility of ownership .

StarGirl

I'm lame I just want a cat.

jake37

Not just any cat but a clever orange tabby !!!
StarGirl said:
I'm lame I just want a cat.

CoryKat

My list goes on... and on... and on...

Axolotl
Fennec fox
An oscar (or two, or ten)
Eagle
Red-tailed hawk
Parrot
Common pleco
Beluga whale
German Shepher
Some sort of cat
Dragon
Newt
Bearded dragon
Mice
Scorpions
Tarantula
Silver dollars
Clown fish
Hedge hog
Chinchilla...
Just to name a few...

Lilthuglet

All the reptiles. Garter snakes, corn snakes, sand boas, grass snakes, geckos, beardies, tegu...
Amphibians. Pacman frogs, axolotls, tree frogs.
Fishes. ALL the nanofishes ever.
A crow that I raised by hand and released who still comes back for food and scritches.

skar

I hasbrosus had all the animals I really want or wanted.
Favorites are the fish and rats.

Maybe a cat later, after the dogs are gone.
Which I'm NOT looking forward to.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom