What's wrong with this tetra?

wrs2

So I have this Candy Cane tetra that looks really weird...
He's skinny and looking boxy. I've had him for 2+ years and this started to happen a few months ago. He's eating and acting normal despite the appearance. He's in a tank with some other Candy Cane tetras and some Congo tetra. I noticed a congo tetra is looking a bit flat now too.

218315854_527063945382149_5845843502453633829_n.jpg

Any ideas what can be wrong with it? I've been treating with some prazipro in the water and soaking some food in it as well. But nothing has changed (tbh I've only started the parasite meds this week.)

A201

The Candy Cane looks to be suffering from "Wasting" likely parasitic in nature. IMO, Prazipro is a good choice to medicate.
The Tetra is an older fish. Maybe the immune system is beginning to weaken.

Upvote 0

wrs2

The Candy Cane looks to be suffering from "Wasting" likely parasitic in nature. IMO, Prazipro is a good choice to medicate.
The Tetra is an older fish. Maybe the immune system is beginning to weaken.
Awesome, thanks! :) Hopefully the meds will help the congo tetra before it get to this point! Those are newer, from February, so my guess would be one of them had it. I don't treat every fish for parasites in QT... I did once in a tank with corydora and they all died, so now I just do ich meds.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
Fish59
Replies