Whats wrong with my white widow?

JazzieGurl

Hiya
I'm not sure what's wrong with my white widow. There's patches have developed over the last week or two. I noticed a small dark patch before but the fish has been hiding alot and seen its gotten this bad today.
Any ideas please? I'm due to worm them next week could it be parasites?

Thanks
Jamie

Attachments

• 20220630_000849.jpg
    20220630_000849.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220630_000922.jpg
    20220630_000922.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220630_001020.jpg
    20220630_001020.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 11

DoubleDutch

I think it is "natural" coloring. I expect it to be a badly colored Glo tetra
Does it behave normal. ?

PeterFishKeepin

Was there any darkness in that area when you bought the fish, could be natural as double Dutch said.

Has the fish been doing anything unusual apart from hiding a bit?

What is the tank stocking, how big is the tank, are the water levels ok?

JazzieGurl

I think it is "natural" coloring. I expect it to be a badly colored Glo tetra
Does it behave normal. ?
Deffo not natural I've had these guys for nearly a year now and this colouration has come up over a week. I don't think it's eating actually and I never see it out at all. Was sold as a white widow tetra and all the other ones I have and are just white.
Was there any darkness in that area when you bought the fish, could be natural as double Dutch said.

Has the fish been doing anything unusual apart from hiding a bit?

What is the tank stocking, how big is the tank, are the water levels ok?
No darkness when I brought them, had them for a far amount of time now and this is new colouration. Don't think it's eating actually just sitting on the bottom hiding.
Tank stocking is 6 white widow, 5 pygmy cories, 6 black phantoms its 95l tank and my params are 0 Ammonia 0 Nitrite ph 7 Nitrate 10-20

PeterFishKeepin

Were they fully grown when bought, or fry or juvenile otherwise idk what else it could be sorry ...

JazzieGurl

Were they fully grown when bought, or fry or juvenile otherwise idk what else it could be sorry ...
Fully grown for sure

PeterFishKeepin

Well then, idk what it is im sure others might be able to comment sooner or later

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom