What’s wrong with my Red Tail catfish and how do I help him!?

Rosielind

My catfish out of nowhere recently got sick and I can’t figure out what’s wrong with him he has tiny bumps all over him and is constantly trying to itch it at the bottom of the tank he shares a tank with Oscars and they were not affected if someone could please help me with answers and help that would be great thankyou.

Attachments

• 07D93640-41E5-4F4E-88E0-B4D9385EF837.jpeg
    07D93640-41E5-4F4E-88E0-B4D9385EF837.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 29

AggressiveAquatics

How long have you had this fish and was it wild caught? I’ve only ever heard of wild caught catfish getting this but I don’t know what it is. What size tank and water parameters as well

Upvote 0

SpaghettiandLeaves

As AggressiveAquatics said, it looks like Black Ich which isn't very common in freshwater aquariums. There doesn't seem to be much information online other than using aquarium salt and increasing the temperature, so it may be fairly similar to the common Ich, but if I were you Rosielind I would research more extensively to get it cured as fast as possible. I hope this steered you in the right direction, maybe someone else can add more information.

Upvote 0

Rosielind

thankyou to both SpaghettiandLeaves and AgressiveAquatics my catfish is store bought. He lives in a 125 gallon tank, and I’ve had him for about 2 years thankyou for the help and I will dive deeper into getting this cured to help him thanks.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BettasAreSuperior
  • Question
Replies
Views
dMog
Replies
Views
Mk47582