What's Wrong With My Rainbowfish?

Discussion in 'Rainbowfish' started by nbalaw2016, Jul 27, 2019.

1. nbalaw2016

nbalaw2016Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +40
    Hey all,

I have seven Millennium rainbows in a 45g tank, 3m and 4f. Six of the seven are active and playful. This one appears listless and hangs out by herself in open water. I don't see any obvious abnormalities. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Add'l details: Tank at 81, water recently changed (observed this behavior both before and after a 40% change this morning). I don't think the parameters are the problem, as the other rainbowfish seem great. If a photo of this fish in comparison to the others helps, I can take one as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  2. Momgoose56

Momgoose56Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,536
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    What are the parameters?

3. OP
    OP
    nbalaw2016

nbalaw2016Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +40
    .1 (using API kit, I have trouble getting to exactly 0) / 0 / 10. Ph is high, around 7.8, but I tested the water I purchased the fish in and the LFS' Ph, like my tap water, is also rather high.

4. JenC

JenCWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,063
    I had this happen with my newest batch of fish, that one was isolating and acting off. It turns out she had some nasty parasites. Have you noticed anything odd with their poop (long, stringy, red worms protruding from the anal vent), any spots or marks on their scales (a magnifying glass is helpful to examine them up close), shrunken or protruding stomachs, or flashing behavior?

Become a Fishlore Member