Whats Wrong With My Dwarf Gourami?

Discussion in 'Dwarf Gourami' started by saiti, Jul 24, 2019.

1. saiti

saitiNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    I noticed lately my gouramis fins looks like its slowly rotting away. Is this dwarf gourami disease?1st two picture are 6 months before and last two are currently. DSC_0046.JPGDSC_0036.JPGDSC_0197.JPGDSC_0199.JPG

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. coralbandit

coralbanditFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +6,402
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Pretty sick looking fish .
    look into Dwarf Gourami Iridovirus {DGI} as it infects far too many Dwarf Gourami .
    It is viral so no cure ..Sorry

3. OP
    OP
    saiti

saitiNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    So sad to hear this as its my favorite fish in the tank :( I have another dwarf gourami is this contagious?

4. coralbandit

coralbanditFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +6,402
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Two dwarfs together is no good ..The other may have beaten this one into this condition ..
    Yes it is contagious among other gouramis I believe ..

5. OP
    OP
    saiti

saitiNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    I didn't realize that at first and bought a female to go with the male. The female one is a lot younger and smaller, but they did beat each other occasionally.

6. JenC

JenCWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,063
    The fish does look really bad. How are the other fish in the tank and what are water parameters? Did this change happen suddenly or over time?

If you don't already have some on hand, you may want to get a small bottle of clove oil for euthanasia just in case. If it is DGIV it's incurable and an unpleasant way to die.

7. OP
    OP
    saiti

saitiNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    the other fish in the tank are fine. It happened over time and seems to be getting worse lately. I dont have a test kit rn for water parameters, but i was in the hospital the past week and had my mother feed my fish, she dumped like half the bottle in the tank :rolleyes: still trying to get it all out after a water change.