Whats Wrong With My Betta?

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Please help. His eye is puffy and has a cloudy film on it. And just a few minutes ago he was stuck to the filter until I got close to the tank, then he seen over to me...i was told to use api Bettafix but I don't think it's helping...i don't want him to die...ive been changing his water often...every other day because it isn't cycled yet, and been using prime.
20180504_222835.jpg

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
his eye is slightly puffy and has a white film over it. he is swimming around and seems fine right now. what can i do for him without meds?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry I believe I can help him though, let’s get this baby healed
Okay, so API BettaFix isn’t going to cut it for this, you’ll need a stronger medication.

I suggest that you get a medication called Seachem KanaPlex, that is the best medication against Popeye, and it’ll help this poor guy out.

Another thing to do is water changes, I suggest daily to bi-daily water changes. If you can do a 50% change on the water today, that’d be a saver towards his health. Try to do that every day if possible. Once you start medicating, DO NOT do daily water changes, it’ll just waste the medication. Do a water change after the medication dosages have ended, which are directed on the back of the package

I am here, just let me know if you need anything!

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fanatic said:
Sorry I believe I can help him though, let’s get this baby healed
Okay, so API BettaFix isn’t going to cut it for this, you’ll need a stronger medication.

I suggest that you get a medication called Seachem KanaPlex, that is the best medication against Popeye, and it’ll help this poor guy out.

Another thing to do is water changes, I suggest daily to bi-daily water changes. If you can do a 50% change on the water today, that’d be a saver towards his health. Try to do that every day if possible. Once you start medicating, DO NOT do daily water changes, it’ll just waste the medication. Do a water change after the medication dosages have ended, which are directed on the back of the package

I am here, just let me know if you need anything!
thank you so much. hopefully i can find this medication and it isnt too expensive. i dont get paid until next week.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom