What's Wrong With My Bacopa?

SLeroux

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The new growth is quite small and all of them have now brached off once or more. My plant had an overall lack of light so I recently upgraded (about a week ago). Let me know if it's a ferts issue as I'm going to start dosing both micros and macros this week (was using a general all purpose previously).

I also have a horendous diatom problem. My Bacopa and all other plants are covered in it. Only pretty parts are the new growth and then it's soon covered too. Could this be limiting nutrients or growth? Any help would be great.
IMG_20180505_174354.jpg

SeattleRoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
SLeroux said:
The new growth is quite small and all of them have now brached off once or more. My plant had an overall lack of light so I recently upgraded (about a week ago). Let me know if it's a ferts issue as I'm going to start dosing both micros and macros this week (was using a general all purpose previously).

I also have a horendous diatom problem. My Bacopa and all other plants are covered in it. Only pretty parts are the new growth and then it's soon covered too. Could this be limiting nutrients or growth? Any help would be great. /QUOTE]

Hi SLeroux,

Yes, it is definitely a fertilizer issue; looks like nitrogen and phosphorus (phosphate) both macro-nutrients and possibly zinc and calcium. Start dosing both macro and micro nutrients and you should see some improvement in 2 weeks or less. Don't watch the existing leaves, they will not change. Watch the new leaves as they emerge, they should be larger, greener, straighter, and emerge more quickly than currently. Post a picture in a couple of weeks and let us know your progress.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom