What's Wrong With My Adf?

guppycrazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello!
I've been noticing that my African Dwarf Frog has been floating at the top of the tank every time I come to check on them. I didn't really think it was anything to worry about, until just now, I came to check on them and I saw him floating at the top of the tank on his back! At first I thought he was dead, so I poked him a little with my finger. He moved a little, but made no effort to get back to the bottom of the tank, and kept floating. I'm really worried about him, so if anyone has any advice or knows what's wrong, that would be great.
My ammonia is 0.25 and my nitrite is 0. ( I'm not sure what my nitrates are because I don't have a test kit for it!) My temperature is always around 76-78. It's a cycled 25 gallon with other fish ( a molly a endler a platy and some cories, which never seem to bother the two frogs.) I've had my frogs for a bit over a year.
Thanks for any advice!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi guppycrazy
That doesn't sound good. What's your maintenance routine? Knowing that might help determine if nitrates are the issue.
Do you have a quarantine tank you can put him in?
Any new decorations added to the tank?

guppycrazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi Lucy!
Unfortunately, when I checked on my fish this morning, my frog was dead I do a 25-30 % water change once a week, and I haven't added any new decorations for a while.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Aw, sorry to hear that. Sometimes these thing remain a mystery.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom