What's Wrong With Malcolm

Carrie1153
HI everyone. Just switched my guy to a bigger aquarium and this happened. He's eating great and swimming great. He's as friendly as ever. Just has these weird spots. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Carrie

Attachments

• IMG_20180328_063150986.jpg
    IMG_20180328_063150986.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20180328_063141976.jpg
    IMG_20180328_063141976.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 63
Rtessy
It's hard to see from the pics (but I know how difficult it is to get pics of a goldfish, they move so much!). Is it more of a white dot or more like a gray sort of covering?

Carrie1153
HI there. It's neither. It's white, silver and goldish patches. They aren't fuzzy, and he seems fine apart from this. Thanks for responding.

Rtessy
Huh, not what I was expecting lol. Do you happen to know the temperature? Or ammonia/nitrite/nitrate? Also how big is the new tank? I just switched mine to a bigger one a few weeks ago and I'm encountering a similar problem, but I think mine is costia, it looks kind of slimy. Might be worth looking into. Do you have any tank mates with Malcolm

Carrie1153
HI again. Temperature is around 20 degrees Celsius, haven't had the water tested yet but he has two tank mates, also goldfish and they are great. No color change or appetite change. All is good.

P.S. Went from a 20 gallon to a 36 gallon.

Rtessy
I'm glad the others are doing well. It may be worth wile to try and look into costia and/or velvet, but I'm not so sure about the velvet. If it ends up being costia, it can be treated with basic ich medications. Sorry I'm not more knowledgeable, and I hope this helped in some respect.

Carrie1153
Thanks very much. I will look into that, as well as get the water tested. Thanks again for your help. Hope your little guy gets better. Carrie

Rtessy
Thanks so much! I hope yours is fine as well, and again, sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Carrie1153
No worries. You were helpful.

Blitzar
Where are they! Are they on his gill covers?

Carrie1153
Hi. No, they are mostly on the left side.

Blitzar
Okay, because if they were on his gill covers, then I would asume he's just ready to breed.

Carrie1153
Ok. Thanks anyway.

Ok. Just found out my nitrates are a bit high. Nothing major. Going to do a ten percent water change and see if that helps.

Thanks to everyone who helped with my little buddy. Found out he has missing scales because my larger goldfish Pudge was being too aggressive after the tank change. Did a ten percent water change to help with the nitrates and got Malcolm a small quarantine tank for inside the big one if Pudge ever decides to assert his dominance again.

Blitzar
Aww poor baby. Glad to hear you figured it out!

Carrie1153
Thanks.

Rtessy
I'm glad you figured it out, hope those grow back soon!

Carrie1153
Me too.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishDin
Top Bottom