90 Gallon Tank What's with my 2 goldfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a 5 year old fancy goldfish and a year old feeder goldfish. They used to be in a 29 with other fish and there was never any issue. Then I uprgaded them to a 90 and there was no issue. The only fish in the tank were the 2 goldfish and dojo loaches. All of a sudden, the feeder gf is all over the fancy, glancing off it and swimming up its butt. I have no doubt that that is why Fish (fancy gf) got ich - that would explain why Fish was the only fish to get it. When I put Fish back in the 90 after treatment, the feeder immediately started harassing again. I removed the regular gf from the tank. What's the deal?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think fish are crazy. lol

Just a guess, but the year old might be reaching maturity. It would explain it's change in behavoir.
Have you tried giving little fish a fishy time out and moving some deco to throw it off a bit?

OP
Jaysee

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think fish are crazy. lol

Just a guess, but the year old might be reaching maturity. It would explain it's change in behavoir.
Have you tried giving little fish a fishy time out and moving some deco to throw it off a bit?
That was my thinking too, though I don't see any of those things that are supposed to show up when they're in the mood.

Yeah, I moved the little fish to a 20Long. I;ve already tried moving the decor (that's how I found the dead dojo). I'm going to reintroduce it after there are more fish in the tank.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That may work.
I wasn't really talking about sexual maturity (although that might be it too), just as fish get older sometimes their behavior changes.
Adding or removing fish often change the dynamics of a tank.
An example is one of my 20g's. It had guppies and cories. The guppies were constantly chasing, almost harassing each other.
After my Gourami moved in, the guppies settled down.

I hope that works for you, good luck.

OP
Jaysee

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I wasn't really talking about sexual maturity (although that might be it too), just as fish get older sometimes their behavior changes.
Adding or removing fish often change the dynamics of a tank.
Advice I often give

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 62 65.3%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.9%

Top Bottom