Whats up with my wendtiis

FishOverseer909

Lately I've been noticing a few of cryptocoryne wendtiis have been not exactly melting but rather their yellowing and falling over then decaying along with these fallings all other leaves have developed browning on the rims of the plant which is odd. However this is only happening to my two green wendtiis but my bronze ones are completely fine and grow heavily.

DoubleDutch

Did you (re)plant them recently.

FishOverseer909

Did you (re)plant them recently.
No they've been in my tank for awhile

DoubleDutch

No they've been in my tank for awhile
Strange cause they are quite bullitproof.
Changed light ?

FishOverseer909

Strange cause they are quite bullitproof.
Changed light ?
No but I did do a deep clean of it recently since it was covered in some sort of weird algae

V1K

No but I did do a deep clean of it recently since it was covered in some sort of weird algae
Not sure I'm getting it right - what did you deep clean..? Lamps? How can lamps be covered with algae?

Prevail

did you vaccum your substrate?

logqnty

Yellowing happens with my wendtiis sometimes, I just cut off the bad leaves and let it be.

FishOverseer909

Not sure I'm getting it right - what did you deep clean..? Lamps? How can lamps be covered with algae?
I meant to say that I used a rag and cleaned off a type of what I believe to be algae feeding off of the water vapors from my tank
did you vaccum your substrate?
If you mean recently then yes I vacuumed it on Thursday

Prevail

I meant to say that I used a rag and cleaned off a type of what I believe to be algae feeding off of the water vapors from my tank

If you mean recently then yes I vacuumed it on Thursday
You might have removed some root tabs from the substrate or something. Crypts are heavy root feeders

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
John58ford
Replies
Views
Wraithen
Replies
Views
AniketRane
Replies
Views