2. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

3. OP
    OP
    Mifuluhu

Mifuluhu Well Known Member Member

4. Aquaphobia

Not necessarily! Wisteria is a pretty low-maintenance plant. It will probably do a lot better with root tabs but likely OK with just fish waste or liquid ferts:)

5. OP
    OP
    Mifuluhu

Yes that seems to be how it works. I've had aquariums since I was a kid but never live plants so this is so new to me...thanks for all the advice!!!

6. I'm not Fish-ist

I'm not Fish-ist Valued Member Member

7. Aquaphobia

This looks like a stem plant though. IME sprite is a lot shorter and tends to do better as a floater. It also produces baby plants on its leaves like Java fern.

8. Kasye

Kasye Valued Member Member

I also agree that this looks more like water wisteria than water sprite imo judging by the leaf patterns

9. shadowfish

shadowfish Well Known Member Member

id say wisteria

i had mine in a tank with low light and no ferts and it grew like crazy!

10. OP
    OP
    Mifuluhu

I was worried mine doesn't 'grow like crazy' but after seeing some at my LPS I see mine is growing as others....with the top cluster of leaves full and rising up with the lowers not, long stem. Any thoughts on when to trim these?

11. Aquaphobia

Any time! The remaining stem will sprout new leaves and the cuttings can be replanted to grow new roots:)

12. shadowfish

shadowfish Well Known Member Member

yup,you can trim them whenever they get too big for ya.

i gave some friends of mine some and its growing good for them,they dont have anything added to there tank so it should work for you to!